Hospital and Thunders

The nurse thanked me and left to bring my meds and food. After she left, I observed my ward is non-shared. It has a side couch big enough for sleeping by a single person.

Beside the couch, there is a window with a view which tells me I should be on the 4th or 5th floor.

The floor and the wall behind me have the same wood design, the ceiling has embedded whitish-yellow LEDs which gives the room a very soothing look.

There was a door on the left which I assume must be a bathroom because the door on the right side was the entry and exit door and beside me was the monitors or some kind of equipment and on the other side was a side table which had fresh flowers.

On seeing and smelling the fresh flowers I smiled to myself.

Wait for a second the room is so awesome that means it is a damn expensive ward and I'm gonna die when I pay this bill. I frowned upon thinking that.

Wait! If this is that kind of a big hospital it would have a morgue. Shit! Why do I have to think about that?

Somebody is in the bathroom and I hear sounds! NO that is from the other side. Why did everybody leave? God, I wish somebody would have stayed with me.

"It's your fault, you pretended to be a big girl" I heard thundering while blaming myself.

"Shit! No please no, Oh God no, please no, stop it" I chanted this while I used my hand to cover my ears and shut my eyes tight.

Hot liquid started to come out of my eyes as I was quivering and shaking myself to calm down.

A hand came at my back which gave me soothing strokes and the ocean scent! I shot my eyes open and saw Ranveer, his eyes full of concern.

"Ssshhh! Stop crying. I am here. First, tell me, are you in pain?"

I denied it by shaking my head sideways. As the ocean scent calmed my nerves as I looked up.

"It's just the hospital and the thundering together make me nervous and I can't bear them together." He just nodded and stroked my back smoothly.

He sat on the bed and cupped my face.

"Look at me and take deep breaths." I concentrated on his eyes and calmed my nerves.

"Why are you here?" I asked him after I told him I am okay now.

"Well, I was just leaving when I thought to check up on you. That's when I heard you crying and saying 'please no, stop it. I quickly came in and saw you quivering" he finished.

"Thank you," I said in a soft voice.

"Well, you can go now." Before he could answer, the nurse came in with my food and meds.

She saw him like he was a fallen angel and then she saw him cupping my face and gave me a stern look and I just removed his hands quickly as I realized what she may be thinking.

Just about when she was leaving, she instructed me to finish the food and take all the meds.

She turned to face Ranveer, maybe she was gonna scold him for staying beyond the visiting hours but instead, she smiled.

"Sir, your food and fresh blankets will be delivered here in just 5 minutes. Anything else you would like, Sir?" the nurse politely asked.

"No" I just gaped at the entire scenario with my mouth open.

And he just said no, no thank you nothing just a no as if she works for him. Then it clicked.

"Do you own this hospital, Ranveer?" I asked him and realized what I just did.