Chapter 22: Blackbeard

You slowly crawled behind a rock as you watched the men walking along the ships, shouting and laughing, unsuspecting of your plan. Your eyes were glued to the small sailing ship docked on the farther part of the deck as you moved with the precision of a pirate hunting for free stuff, a map and your staff safely tucked underneath your arm.

After you had learned the time, the first thing you had done was to ask for a map. What made you relieved was the fact that Water 7 was strikingly close to Bonora Island, where Ace would be in approximately 2 hours. After that, turning a blind eye to the protests of the nurses, you had forcefully exited the tent, which was what they called a makeshift hospital for emergency patients. Along the way you had also decided to splurge on a stolen watch, which was currently placed on your wrist securely.

Of course all of this had taken place in a span of 5 minutes as you found yourself at the dock. Waiting impatient for the two walking men to leave, hoping to depart without any issue.

-"Pirate business is pirate business. But the women across town have been going crazy with the new magazine." one old man said

-"Yeah, talking about which pirate is hotter, dumbest shit I've heard. I've gotten sick of hearing the Firefist Ace's name in the house. My girls are going crazy and not because of how scary he is." the other responded, walking in front of your hideout with a heavy sigh, exasperated from his family situation. The talking died off as the two men walked away from where you were standing. Leaving the area open and deserted for a smooth hitch.

You walked smoothly towards the smallest ship, hopping off of the deck in one swift motion as your feet made contact with the sailing ship's wooden floor. Your effortless moves contradicting your agitated nerves.

Fangirling, huh? I miss being able to do that. You smiled, knowing it was too late for any of that. There was a nervous feeling of doom edging its hands closer to you as the battle drew nearer.

________________________________________________________________________

Your body stood motionless as you sat in the middle of the sailing boat. Your staff glowed as the water moved underneath you with purpose. An hour had passed since you had begun your ride and there were around 45 minutes left. Each minute made you feel as if you were going towards doom and each nerve told you you weren't ready yet. The only thing keeping you sane was the thought that Luffy was aware of the situation, that he would be coming to aid along with his crew.

You hoped Benn and Lucy Roux would make it in time but you had a feeling that was something too good to be true. You could use water to your advantage, bend it according to your will. But they had no helmsman, no one that could properly strear. And you didn't even know if their boat was in one piece.

A big wave rose amidst your pessimistic thoughts, causing you to grit your teeth.

You could wield water, but you weren't used to fighting waves and calming them down. You were sweating even before you arrived at Bonora Island.

You just hoped your trembling hands were because of panic and not because of your weakened state.

________________________________________________________________________

Dust and dirt rose to the air following the silhouette of a man. Jet black hair was enough to identify the person, and his intense atmosphere was enough to warn those who drew near.

Not like there was anyone around, the village was free of any locals. Everyone was hiding, trying to run from the wrath of Blackbeard and his crew.

Even the freckles plastered on the sharp canvas of the man could do nothing to hide the two slanted eyes dark enough to rival those of a panther. Anyone who saw him now would be shocked to know people described him as cute or a gentleman. Such descriptions did not fit the current person walking among the deserted roads of Bonora Island.