Chapter 29: Don't cry over spilled drinks

Author's note= We have reached 10k. Thank you so much! I appreciate everyone who reads my 29 chapter something story. Love you guys from those who read, to those who comment and to those who follow me! Thank you all so much!

_______________________________________________________________________________

You put down the drink in your hand and immediately pulled up your cloak, hiding your face from any onlookers and hoping the silky cloth would be enough to stop anyone from identifying your face.

There in front of the door stood a group of pirates of the Whitebeard crew. But what caught your eye was not the group of pirates lounging around next to the door, barging in like they owned the place, but the two men in the front; One with jet black hair and another with a blond pineapple shaped head.

Marco and Ace. They moved towards the middle of the tavern effortlessly, many of the customers and rowdy pirates moving away from contact and any sort of exchange with them. You had to say the scene was funny, especially due to the fact that the two men had not even noticed the attempts of the crowd to get out of their way, too busy bickering between each other.

You picked up your hot chocolate cup to drink another sip, feeling your mouth parche from the commotion their arrival had caused, only to notice that the cup was empty. You frowned looking down at the empty cup, cursing it's timing.

Deciding that it was better to sit still than to gain any attention to yourself, you stayed put on your chair and looked around. Out of reflex your gaze fell on Ace. You tried to stop yourself from looking at him, willing your eyes to look somewhere else but failed miserably.

Glancing at the details of his face, he seemed youthful, unlike the last time you had seen him. He looked energetic, happy, not affected by the issues the death of his crewmate would bring about. You realised how much that event had affected him; You frowned at the thought.

You continued to gaze. Even with the youthful happiness surrounding Ace, he held a mischievous smirk and narrow eyes that contradicted his cute freckles. He was hard to describe, you noted. With a cocky grin, sly eyes, black hair that made him look like a mysterious gentleman and a free spirit that completely opposed that, he could simply and only be described as... Ace.

You smiled watching over him as he rested comfortably on one of the bar's chairs. He talked to Marco and the others that surrounded them loudly and without restraint, arguing energetically with his crew.

Without warning, a group of women moved closer to the round table the Whitebeard pirates were situated at. You recognized them as the entertainers that were working in the bar before the crew's arrival. You frowned in reflex when you realized where their gazes were going. You gripped your cup as they made their move towards Ace, giving off a flirtatious atmosphere and staring with charming eyes. It doesn't matter. You said these words to yourself as the women finally reached Ace's side. The funny thing was he didn't seem to care either, not turning to talk to the new party but rather arguing heatedly with his crew about some stupid topic.

Of course he would be the one to gain such attention with his face and still act senselessly. You sighed, leaning against your chair to find a comfortable position on the wooden furniture.

As you continued to stare at the scene, you suddenly felt a pair of black eyes reciprocate your gaze. You froze in place. Shit. Ace looked back at you curiously, trying to see your face under the hooded cloak which you pulled down out of reflex. He fixed his hat over his face, letting it fall back on his wide shoulders as his hair rustled around on his skin. Even now he seemed completely in control, eyeing your moves like a lazy predator.