Chp. 1

Original Story Credit: Sooji Kim - Under the Oak Tree

Even as I've said this a million times, a lot of people don't read and later comment this is a copy. AGAIN...This is my RECREATION of the original story with changing plot and characters. If you want to read a twist and new vibe of the book read, feel free to continue. If not stick with the original.

*Please do not expect this to be a continuation of the original novel*

Thank you

* Please be kind in the comments I am not a professional writer. *

1. Time period will probably be inaccurate with real history. Barbarians, dukes, knights will be mentioned in this book.

2. I will not provide pictures of the characters because some people find it hard to imagine the characters once they see them. However, I will provide small glimpses. The pictures provided are not mine.

3. As for music, if there is one for a chapter, I only provide soundtracks because I find lyrics and all the singing very distracting.

4. My main female characters are mostly innocent and naive.

5. I like writing about older men but they will not be excessive. Maybe 12 years max.

6. PLEASE READ BEFORE WE START...this storyline is from "Under the Oak Tree". Yes, the beginning is the same as the original book but I am changing the plot as we go. I am not trying to steal anyone's work. Just wanted to make that clear like I said many other times before.

*Chapters that seem to have a lot more mature scenes will have these "•" next to the chapter number*

Thank you

*

Lilith

It's been 3 years since we've been married. And the only memories I have of him was from our wedding night. Our first and what I thought would be our last.

Father feared for his life at the King's orders that a man from each family had to fight against Ninavon's Blood King and his huge army. Khael was to take his place and walk to his death instead. But in one condition.

It was in exchange for our marriage. I was sacraficed to be his wife. The wife of a barbarian.

Years of failure of my mother bearing a son eventually dragged her to the grave. It had almost done the same to my father if it wasn't for Khael.

I was the third daughter of the Pensington's. Father engraved in me that I took mother's life. A daughter that degraded the family born as a girl and having a speech disorder.

Not only that but everyone adored my older sisters Helena and Beatrice. They were the faces of remarkable beauty. Both carried along with them beautiful, golden locks. And I held a mucky mess of dark brown waves. They were pitch black in the dark.

I didn't even remember his face clearly. My heart pounded rigorously as I waited for his return. I wondered if he still considered me as his wife. I was sure he would be ashamed of me now that he's so much more capable of finding a better woman. I didn't blame him even if he took this opportunity to snatch another beautiful woman instead. I knew my place and was nervous to face him.