Chapter 5: New Suit.

As the weeks went on things got harder to manage. I was getting less sleep than usual, common reoccurring nightmares haunting me night and day. School was being more demanding than usual and my 'internship' was keeping me on my toes.

I was wrecked.

It was obvious too. The black bags that graced my under eyes and the lack of good posture clearly displayed that Sophie Osborn was quite simply worn out.

The crime rate in Queens had increased exceptionally in the past few weeks, meaning that Tony needed me out there more often than not. It could be as late as midnight when I get the call, meaning I didn't get home till after two, depending on the situation. However, I had a fellow crime fighter roaming the streets these days. He went by the name 'Spider-Man'. It filled me with curiosity as to who the guy in red and blue was.

After school, Wednesday afternoon, I made my way to Avengers tower, eager to speak with Tony about Queens' new hero. I had a fair journey to walk and usually I wouldn't mind but it was lashing. I groaned to myself as I walked out of the train station, walking as fast as I could to the building. Eventually I reached it, the rain not being too kind to me. I entered the building, waving to Amanda, the secretary, as I did so.

I knocked on Tony Stark's office door, waiting.

"Come in."

I pushed open the door and walked in, a defeated look on my face. Tony raised an eyebrow at me as I walked further into the room, taking a seat in front of him.

"Must be raining."

I gave a sarcastic 'ha ha ha' as a smirk grew on the older man's face. After about two minutes he put down his pen and looked up at me, sitting back in his chair.

"So, you have a new crime fighter friend."

"That's the way it seems."

Tony was in thought for a few seconds before continuing.

"You have no idea who it might be?"

"I haven't encountered him just yet, if I could maybe then I might have a better idea of whose behind the mask."

"I want you to do just that. I want to find out who this Spider-Man is."

After that we just conversed about the problems in the world and how we could fix the ones that we have control over, like the problems in Queens. I seen Tony squint his eyes at me as I filled him in on the newest criminals, once I noticed I slowly stopped talking, reciprocating his look.

"What happened to that eye of yours?"

I let out a little chuckle as I replied.

"Standing up for a friend."

He nodded in response, offering a small smile. I stood up from the chair, picking up my bag, getting ready to leave. I bid Tony a goodbye and started towards the door, but he stopped me.

"Before you go....."

I turned around to let him know I was waiting for him to continue.

"I have something for you. Consider it a good luck gift."

I furrowed my brows at him.

"Good luck for what?"

All he did was hush me and told me to follow him. He brought me down many spiralling staircases, eventually leading us to a basement. I looked around me as we came to face a concrete wall. Tony used a retinal scanner to grant us access into what was behind that wall. It opened up to reveal a room of all things tech and weapons. I looked around in awe as we walked through the room, causing me to run into Tony's back as he came to a sudden halt in front of what looked like a suit.

"It's a new project we've been working on. What do you think?"

I walked closer, running my fingers along the leather suit, admiring the green lining that created creative patterns along the body.

"Its beautiful."

I couldn't tear my eyes off of it, it was so unique and different, a work of art.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that."

There was a slight pause as I offered the man a smile before returning my gaze to the black and green outfit.

"Sharon, pack this up for Miss Osborn here would you. Thanks."

My head quickly snapped to Tony, confusion and shock spreading over my face.

"Wha- What?" I stuttered.

"Oh, did I not tell you? This masterpiece here is all yours."

I couldn't contain the smile on my face as his words entered my ears. Although, my smile soon faded, something Tony Stark had noticed.

"What's wrong, kid?"

"I can't take this, Mr. Stark."

He furrowed his brows at me, confusion sitting nicely on his face.

"Why not?"

I looked at him.

"I don't deserve this, Mr. Stark. I haven't done anything to deserve this."

"But you will. I have faith in you, Sof."

I looked down to my feet.

"The suit shouldn't make the hero. The hero should make the suit."

Tony's eyebrows had risen, slight surprise radiating off the man.

"Wise words, kid. Like I said, it's a gift. Just accept it and go be Queens' hero."

I smiled at the Iron Man as Sharon handed me a box, the suit inside. I thanked her as she returned to her work, Tony putting his hand on my shoulder.

"You're gonna be a great hero someday, in more ways than one."

He offered me a small smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark.

_____________________________________

I was just home when I saw the news. Harry was watching it from the sofa. Two bank robbers downtown, only ten minutes from here, only a minute using a teleportation spell. I listened for a moment, waiting for an address, once I had that I could go.

"Uhhh, Haza, I gotta run out to the shop, I'll be back in a while."

"Yeah sure, see you later."

And with that I was gone, suit in hand. Tonight, not only had I a new suit and a newly found confidence, but tonight, I was going to meet Spider-Man.