Chapter 39: Turned To Ash.

On Titan, the remaining members of the Guardians and Avengers collected themselves. Mantis propped up Star-Lord, Spider-Man helped Tony to his feet, Drax and Nebula managed to limp over on their own as I stayed where I was beside Strange.

"Something's... happening."

Mantis stated as she disintegrated into ashes. Quill looked behind him as he saw Drax disintegrate. Drax turned to Quill as he dissolved.

"Quill?"

Quill stares in horror as he turned back to Stark.

Tony started to panic as he stared at the slowly fading Quill.

"Steady, Quill."

"Oh, man."

Quill also got disintegrated into ashes.

Doctor Strange calmly turned to Stark as I got up to find Peter.

"Tony, there was no other way."

He finally got erased.

"Mr. Stark? I don't feel so good..."

"Pete?"

Tony was trying to be calm, his voice shaking as he looked at Peter in terror.

"You're all right?"

Peter was stumbling, terrified.

"I don't know what's- I don't know what's happening. I don't-"

Parker fell into Stark's arms, clutching him tight while beginning to cry.

"I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go..."

Tony lay the boy down, trying to make this more comfortable for him as I sat silently beside Peter, opposite Tony, silent tears making trails down my face. I took his hand in mine, feeling a small squeeze in response. There was a short silence before Peter spoke again.

"I'm sorry."

Parker disintegrates into ashes in Stark's arms. Tony fell forward from the lack of weight in his arms, before staring at his hands in disbelief. I opened my hand to see that the only part of Peter I had left was the ashes that lay in my palm.

"He did it." Nebula stated.

I sat myself upon the closest rock, resting my head in my hands as the tears fell more frequently, but still as silent. After a few moments I looked up, resting my chin on the hands that were clasped together. We had lost the battle. We had lost half the Earth's population. While that still hurt, nothing could have hurt as much as losing Peter Parker.