Chapter 46: The Blip.

The First Group which has Tony, Steve, Scott and I; travelled to New York in 2012. A previous stock shot of the Chitauri snarling and the iconic circle take around our six Original Avengers assembling before panning over to a side street where Scott, Steve, Tony and I materialise.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve ordered.

2012 Hulk passed by us, smashing everything in his way. We shared a look with each other.

"You know what to do, Sof?"

"Get the Time Stone, get back to twenty-twenty three. "

Cap nodded, approving. He went to run through the plan with Scott as Tony pulled me aside.

"You are not to get involved in anything else other than your mission, capiche ?"

"Mr. Stark-"

"No, no, you listen to me now, okay. You get that Stone and you go straight back, no heroics, you hear me?"

I could see the seriousness in his eyes and decided not to question it.

"Okay."

With that I opened a portal and walked through.

______________________

I landed on the roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum where 2012 The Ancient One protected it. I tried to enter through the roof before noticing her.

"I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed." She warned.

"Ma'am, I'm looking for Doctor Strange."

I paused.

"But he's not here, is he?"

She gave me a sideways glance.

"You're about... five years too early. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about twenty blocks that way. What do you want from him?"

"That, actually."

I pointed towards the Eye of Agamotto, where the Time Stone was kept. The Ancient One looked at it.

"Ah! I'm afraid not." She replied.

"Sorry, but I wasn't asking."

"You don't wanna do this." She warned.

"No, I don't."

I made a grab at the Eye of Agamotto.

"But I need that stone, and I don't have time to beat it-"

The Ancient One pushed my astral form out of my body. I looked at The Ancient One horrified, but amazed.

"Let's start over, shall we?"

My body was lying down on a beach chair and looked like I was sleeping with a hat on, I tried reasoning with the Ancient One to let me have the Time Stone.

"Please, please!"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you, Sophie. If I give up the Time Stone to help your Reality, I'm dooming my own."

I paused.

"With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that."

The Ancient One created a projection with a long ray that simulated the flow of time.

"The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one stone and that flow splits."

She flicked the Time Stone projection away and showed a black stream indicating a point of divergence.