Chapter 45: Time Travel.

The Avengers were in a room with some hologram displays, showcasing each of the six Infinity Stones, sitting around a table. Tony, Steve and Bruce were pacing at the front, clearly leading the planning of the mission.

"Okay, so the 'how' works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." Steve stated.

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony counterattacked.

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about" Stated Scott, sitting beside me.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce warned as he stood closer to the holograms.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."

"Which means we have to pick our targets."

Tony looked to me and nodded.

"Correct."

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked.

We looked over to see Thor sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It was impossible to tell whether he was awake or asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey remarked.

As if on queue, Thor woke up, stretching before beginning to talk.

"Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someone's gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves-"

He wiggled his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost.

"-Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane,-"

An image of Jane Foster popped up on the screen.

"-Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead,-"

Thor started to look broken, and seemed on the verge of tears.

"-and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever,-"

Tony started to push him back to his chair.

"-I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" Tony offered as Thor replied with:

"I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you."

_____________________________

We were sitting around a table, eating a meal, and Rocket was pacing on the table in front of everyone.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."

"Is that a person?" Scott asked.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

"A planet? Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything."

Rocket imitated talking to a puppy.

"Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."

_____________________________

Everyone was facing Nebula in the planning room, Nat writing notes for our plan.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir."

"What is Vormir?" Nat asked, collecting all the information.

"A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

Nat looked up, and an awkward silence fell upon the room. She wrote what Nebula has just said, and Scott made to break the awkward moment.

"Noted."

_____________________

Tony and Nat were lying on a table surrounded by papers, Bruce lying down on the floor and myself perched on a stool in the corner. The Time Stone popped up on the display.

"That Time Stone guy..." Nat started.

"Doctor Strange." I answered.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat." Tony replied.

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce commented.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street."

"Hmm... Bleecker."

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Nat questioned.

"No. He lived in Toronto." Tony answered.

I knew what Nat was thinking and got up from my place in the corner.

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

Bruce sat up in surprise.

"Shut the front door."

____________________________

The holograms displaying the different location were on the screen, the Soul and Power Stones in space in 2014. The Reality Stone in Asgard, 2013; and the Space, Mind, and Time Stones in New York City, 2012.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot."

Steve stated as he and the other Avengers walked up and looked at the screens determinedly.

_________________________________

The Avengers were walking in a file to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people. Rhodey had a bulkier repaint of the War machine armour.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win."

Tony gave Steve a look as he continued his speech.

"Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony announced.

"Tractors engaged."

Nat was smiling excitedly.

"See you in a minute."

We all shrank and entered the Quantum Realm, we all split at different intervals, going to a different place at a different time in history.