Chapter 60: MJ.

Spider-Man went back to stabilising the Ferris Wheel as Mysterio continued to fight off the Elemental. He shot a powerful blast, causing the monster to stumble back into some scaffolding, it falling down on top of it. It only seemed to anger it more as it let out a roar of anger and fury. It's anger made it bigger and stronger. The look on everyone's faces said it all. It was too late.
What happened next was just a blur of motion. Beck generated as much power as he could, struggling to control it due to the pressure it exerted on his body. I could hear Peter's pleads for him not to do it, but he did anyways. Mysterio charged towards the Elemental, power fulling maximised, ready to take it out. He disappeared into the chest of the fiery beast, the familiar green of Beck's power beginning to spread over the surface area of the Elemental as it cried out in pain. It fell to it's knees before it blew up, a green smog covering everything around us before it, too, disappeared.

I watched as the air lifted and all that remained was Quintin Beck, lying lifelessly in the middle of the courtyard. I wrapped the drone in my jacket before placing it in a crevice in the wall where I would get it later. I swiftly made my way over to stand beside Fury as Peter attended to the body on the ground.

"Mr. Beck?"

He asked as he rolled to man over. Beck started to stir as he regained consciousness. Peter offered him a hand up and within seconds the hero was back on his feet. I squinted my eyes at the older man, not fully sure what his deal was. Something about him just didn't seem right; didn't seem real.

"You trust this guy?"

I asked Fury, still keeping my eyes locked on him. I could see the Director raise his brow at me through my peripheral vision.

"And you don't?"

I shook my head, finally turning to look at the man.

"No."

Beck, Parker, myself and the SHIELD team sat amongst the rubble.

"So, it's over?" Hill asked.

"That was the last of them?" Beck answered.

"But not the last threat we'll ever face. We need to stay vigilant. There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europol headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us."

Fury held out his hand as Quentin stood, clasping it hand.

"Thank you. I just might take you up on that."

Fury turned to where Peter stood as still as a statue and walked over. Beck sat back down, his eyes meeting mine as I stared at the man, trying to figure him out.

"You got gifts, Parker. But you didn't wanna be here."

"Mr. Fury, I-"

"I'd love to have you in Berlin, too. But you've got to decide whether you're going to step up or not. Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong. Was he?"

I could see Peter begin to tear up as Fury spoke.

"The choice is yours."

Fury walked away from Peter, who cast his eyes down in shame. Beck stood and walked over to Peter, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's get a drink."

Quentin walked off and Peter turned to look at him.

"I'm not twenty-one..."

I followed Peter's gaze as I walked over to him. He sighed as he turned his gaze to me.

"You did good, Pete."