" Go to him."

The sun had not yet risen by the time Bobazo pulled the boat up to the docks in the village. It was close, but not quite there yet. Bobazo jumped out, tied the boat up securely, and then walked away.

He thundered out of view, leaving you alone and curled up still in the canoe. You griped your snake even harder and let your sobs finally escape full force.

Tears spilled out of your eyes as you cried into Y/S/N's scales. You had been through one hell of a night. The deaths of the tribe's members, letting Shila convince you to leave without Bobazo. Almost dying again and now Bobazo would not even look or speak at you.

It was not fair! First, your cousin pushes you to a spirit bear that mauls, cripples, and almost kills you. Then your left a husk of who you once were, more scars than skin, missing an eye, and a fucking arm! You could not even walk properly anymore with how fucked up your goddamn legs were.

The last thing you needed right now was more things to add to your already overloaded plate of stress and misery. The first person you would have trusted to run to when life was fucking you was now the person avoiding you.

You heard running footsteps defending the ramps and pounding across the wood of the docks as multiple people approached. The person who came into your field of vision first was Aliskaad.

She skidded to a halt as she took in your curled up form still in the boat, looking down at you with wide and fearful eyes. The next person to run up or in his case stumble up was Misaha. He skidded to a stop for a second as well but immediately kicked into motion after a second.

" Y/N! Thank the mothers you are safe! we feared the worst when Bobazo charged out of camp!" He cried. Moving forward to help you out of the boat. You clung to Y/S/N as if you would die if she was not in your arms.

She wrapped her neck around your neck so that her cheek was pressed where your neck and shoulder connected. You held her long, thick white scaled loops close as Misaha and Aliskaad helped you out of the Canoe. Rusa rushed over with Devis padding along behind her. Her long dark hair flowing about as she ran up to the three of you.

" Where is Bobazo?" She asked and the mention of his name sent another wave of tears washing down your cheeks. Aliskaad glared over at the woman, shoeing her and the chieftain away as she led you up the ramp and back to the Shaman's hut.

You wanted nothing more than to curl up on your mat and cry the rest of the night and the following day away. However you had a job to do, you were not going to make this whole night all for naught.

You limped away from the blue-haired shaman as she tried leading you to the living area of the hut. Instead moving into the medical side where the little girl was still sleeping and breathing very shallowly.

Y'avashaak lifted his head from where he was curled up at her feet. Looking at you intensely and you assumed Bobazo was watching you through his eyes.

You ignored the serpent and clung even tighter on to yours as you walked up to the little girl, kneeling down beside her and letting Y/S/N loosen up to allow you to retrieve the egg.

You hear Aliskaad gasp from behind you as you carefully lifted up the delicate object. All sound and feeling seemed to disappear from the world as you did, and if you were right everything seemed to get a little darker too.

The texture of the egg was smooth and leathery. You could feel it pulsing with warmth against your hand. All feeling of fear, anger, frustration, sadness and every other ill emotion was wiped out instantly. You could even feel the baby inside, moving around ready to come out and meet their new soul partner