Chapter 2

HEY guys:)
This is the next chapter. I hope u like it even though it's a little shorter... Nobody is reading this anyway but still haha...

<3 Mel

It was quarter to 8 a.m. when I arrived at the park, the place I had chosen for our meeting. My parents had always come here with me and there was a big playground right in the center. I was sitting on a bench in front of a small lake.

He would be here soon, at least if he actually decided to show up.

I wrapped my arms around my torso as if I tried to comfort myself, but it didn’t help. I felt so cold.

Not just because of the rainy weather and the wind, also because the anxiety seemed to take control over my body.

It paralyzed me.

I had stayed at hospital this night, but I had barely gotten any sleep. Most of the time I had just sat beside Charlie, holding his hand, and asking myself where all of this was going to lead us.

How would he react? What would he say?

There were so many questions and with every minute that passed I got more nervous. There weren’t a lot of people in the park.

Just a few people exercising, and I had also seen a mother and her two children taking a walk.

I hadn’t been here with Charlie for a while. He had barely left the hospital in 2 weeks and I knew he missed being outside. It hurt so much to see him suffer like that. I stared blankly at the calm water while my fingers played with the zipper of my jacket.

For the 7th time in 2 minutes I checked my phone. 7 minutes to 8 a.m..

I wondered if he was actually going to come.

He had agreed to meet me here, alone, because I had insisted on it. But we were basically strangers. This must have seemed very strange to him; it would have seemed strange to anyone.

I didn’t have time to worry any longer because I heard steps coming. I stood up and turned around and my heart stopped, just to continue beating at double the pace.

It was him.

His hair was a little shorter and more tamed than the last time I had seen him but otherwise he hadn’t changed much, except that he seemed a bit tired and worn out.

He was wearing a dark suit but there was no tie this up and time.

Suddenly, I felt hot and cold at the same time.

This was crazy. I couldn’t tell him. I was just about to turn around and leave but at that moment he looked into my direction and saw me.

His blue eyes met mine and I held my breath. I had remembered that his eyes were this stunning blue, but my memory didn’t do him justice. It took me a few seconds to gather myself and I forced myself to take a deep breath.