Chapter 7

“Oh. My. God. That was him, wasn’t it? He looks even better than on the pictures!”, she squealed excitedly, and I could hear my ears starting to ring louder again but I still chuckled a little.

“Yes, that is him.” I really hoped he was far enough from my room to hear what Celia said. I was sure his ego was already big enough.

“When I arrived here you were asleep, so I spent some time with Charlie and then the police wanted to talk to me. And after that I went to the Cafeteria to get something to eat.”

She pointed at the half-finished sandwich in her hand and then she said: “I mean- Come on! Could you not have waited like 5 more minutes to fall asleep?

I have been dying to find out what happened. I was also looking for your lover boy, but I couldn’t find him. Well, at least until now… I can’t believe how lucky you are. He looks like a god.”, she claimed, and I rolled my eyes, but I couldn’t help but flush a little.

He did look like a god, but I would never admit that.

“First of all, he is not my lover boy and he never will be. And also, don’t you have a boyfriend that you just moved in with?”, I reminded her instead, but she put me off with a wave of her hand.

“That doesn’t mean that I am suddenly blind. I am just stating the facts. But now, tell me what happened.”, she demanded, and I sighed but told her everything, at least everything that I remembered.

When I finished, she was speechless.

You, Allison Gabriella Jacobs, are so messed up. I told you to go to the police but no, you knew better and now look at you. But at least you finally talked to Damien. I mean, damn! Did I mention that he looks like a god?”, she asked, grinning, and I rolled my eyes again.

She was unbelievable. But then her gaze turned serious.

“But- But are you really going to New York with him? This week?”
I winced and looked down. “I know this isn’t ideal. You, and Derek too, moved back to Pittsburgh for me and now I am just going to leave again. You don’t know how terrible I feel about all of this. This is my home, but I can’t leave Charlie alone…”, I started but Celia raised a hand to shut me off.

“Are you kidding?”, she asked mad and I frowned in remorse.

When she saw my face though she giggled.

“You know I love you, but Derek and I both got offered jobs in New York for like the third time this year because the company is expanding their business there and of course we didn’t want to leave you but now that you are going too, there is absolutely no reason for us to decline the jobs. This is amazing. We are going to have so much fun. I really miss the big apple.”, she said enthusiastically, and I looked at her in confusion.