Chapter 21

Today was Thursday and therefore my last day of work for this week.

I was starting to get more used to my job, and our department had two projects going on that I needed to work on together with a few co-workers. It was about some agreement with a big company in England.

Luckily, I only had to do the easiest tasks because I was new and wasn't used to these kinds of projects yet.

Also, the others probably didn't want me to mess everything up.

I had finished looking through all the documents with a little help from Emma and Amanda. She had insisted on me calling her by her first name.

Of course, Mr Black had done the same but was the owner of this company, and therefore my boss, and I still felt a bit intimidated by him.

I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to call him by his first name without being embarrassed.

My office was nice and clean now and I had gotten used to my schedule and started doing some research on all the projects that were going on so I wouldn't miss any important details during the meeting.

Emma and I had already had lunch a couple of minutes ago and I only had about an hour left until I would have to leave to pick Charlie up. Even though I wouldn't admit it, I was excited for Saturday.

I knew it was probably going to be pretty boring but dressing up and getting ready with Clary would be fun anyways.

I wished Celia could be here too, though. She had been so jealous when I told her we would be going to the gala. She was really into this kind of stuff.

But to make it up to her, I had agreed on going out with her when she and Derek would arrive in New York. Usually I wasn't the type of girl to go out get drunk in a bar and dance all night in a club but after everything that had happened, that was probably exactly what I needed, and I knew Clary would be thrilled to come with us.

I printed the final proposal that I had just finished typing and made my way to the copying room to collect the copies I had made.

I grabbed the papers and walked towards the office of the senior lawyer who was supervisor of this project.

I knocked and he beckoned me in and hung up on whoever was on the phone with him.

"What is it?", he asked and sounded a little exasperated.

"I have the final contract and thought you might want to recheck it before it gets signed.", I said and handed him the papers. I wanted to leave but he pointed to the chair across his gigantic desk.