Chapter 16

Hello❤❤
This is the next chapter... I hope you enjoy it... ;)

To my surprise the fridge was fully stocked with food and even though I didn’t want to eat it because I knew Damien had been the one, who had had it filled.

But I couldn’t keep ignoring my rumbling stomach forever, and it would have been a waste of food anyway.

I took out a bottle of orange juice and some eggs and milk to make scrambled eggs. It took me a few minutes to figure out how the stove worked but after a while I got it working properly and I started mixing the milk and eggs while the pan was heating up.

I also found some salt and pepper and after a few minutes the food was ready. I put some on my plate and sat down at the kitchen counter while I checked my phone.

2 missed calls from Celia and a message from Clary.

I wanted to open Clary’s message first but at that moment the doorbell rang.

I remembered that Damien had told me he would have someone drop Charlie off at my apartment. I jumped off the chair and rushed towards the entrance to open the door but when I saw who was with Charlie I was more than surprised.

It was Mr Black.

He was smiling when he saw me and let go off Charlie’s hand. Charlie hugged my legs, as he always did.

“Hi, mommy.”, he said, and I bend down to kiss the top of his head.

“Hi, honey, did you sleep well?”, I asked, and he nodded.

“Daddy read a book to me. About the police. I want to be a police officer now!” I smiled a little.

“I thought you wanted to be a pilot? Or an astronaut?”
Charlie shrugged and let go off me.

“I am just going to be all of them.”, he stated and then leaned to the side to see the apartment.

“Can I see my room? I want to show Oscar everything.”

I nodded. “Yes, go ahead, sweetheart. It is just down the hallway to the right; you will find it. I will be right with you.”

Charlie was already gone when I looked back up to face Mr Black.
“Mr Black, how nice to see you. I am sorry for my sudden departure yesterday, I was just-”

He interrupted me.

“You know I told you to call me Ethan, Ally. And you are not the one who needs to apologize, I am.”

My jaw dropped a little in surprise.

“For what do you want to apologize? I owe you everything!”, I said in disbelief and he frowned a little.

His gaze seemed earnest.