Chapter 5

For a few seconds everything was black and when I opened my eyes again, Malcolm was bending over me. My ears were ringing so loud, I could barely hear anything, everything was spinning, and my vision was blurry. My throat was dry and couldn’t even scream.

“I- I- You made me do this. This is your fault.”, he said, before turning around and leaving me behind on the floor.

I couldn’t even breathe. Everything seemed to hurt.

I closed my eyes, and everything turned black again until I heard a familiar voice, but it wasn’t Malcolm’s. Whose was it? A man, of that I was sure. His voice was deep and a little bit rough. Why couldn’t I remember?

Finally, the pressure on my chest started to ease off and I began to breathe again but every breath hurt worse than the last. I opened my eyes slightly and I saw a face, Damien’s face, but everything was still blurry and the only thing I saw were two, bright blue eyes.

“Damien”, I choked and tried to move.

“Oh God, Ally, what happened?” I winced. My mind was clouded with pain and all I could remember was Malcolm’s face.

“I don’t know.”, I answered, my voice croaky and barely a whisper.
“Don’t move, I am going to call an ambulance.”, he ordered, and I flinched.

“No, I don’t need an ambulance. I am fine.”, I said and finally I was able to fully open my eyes. Everything was still spinning and breathing hurt so bad that I couldn’t stop crying. My ears were still ringing, and Damien’s voice barely got through to me.

“You are not fine.”, he said and grabbed his phone, but I stopped him. “I don’t need an ambulance. Please, just give me a second.”, I insisted, and he sighed.

“Fine. But we are still going to the hospital.” He brushed over my cheek lightly while I closed my eyes again, hoping the world would stop spinning.

He slowly sat me up. “Who was that? I saw the guy leaving and getting into his car. You knew he was here, why didn’t you say anything?”, he asked, and I heard the reproach in his voice.

“I guess I thought I could handle him.”, I said vaguely but even my memories were blurry. I couldn’t remember everything that happened.

Just Malcolm’s face and the disturbed look on his face.

“It doesn’t matter now. You need to see a doctor.”

He slowly helped me stand up and wrapped his arm around my waist, half dragging and half carrying me towards the door. I bit my lip until I tasted blood but a moan of pain still escaped my lips when Damien opened the passenger door and heaved me inside.

Maybe I had blacked out again after that because the next time I opened my eyes Damien was sitting beside me and we were already moving. I turned my head but just looking outside and seeing everything move so fast made me feel sick so I closed them again.