Chapter 7

Let me know your thoughts about how the story is!

Jack explained that the duel ends when one of the people give up or are knocked out. My classmates back up to observe the duel and Jack joins them. I take my place a few feet from Britany and she does the same.

"Begin!" Jack shouts.

A huge gust of wind is blown towards me and I take a few steps back under the pressure. I raise my two hands and activate my telekinesis as a shield and begin to walk forward pushing against the wind with my shield. With one big push, I use my telekinesis to revert the wind and Britany is thrown off her feet by the gust. I feel a smirk forming on my lips. Britany stands up, I can feel her rage from where I am standing, and she is furious. She makes a swirling motion with her index finger and a tornado of sorts begins to form. I begin to panic slightly and try to hold it off with my telekinesis, so far it is working. I look over to Britany and see she is tired; this tornado must take a lot of energy out of her. I decide to try one of my other powers I can use at the school; teleportation. Still using my telekinesis to prevent the tornado from advancing towards me, I close my eyes and focus on teleporting behind Britany. I keep trying to focus with my eyes closed until I feel the weight of the tornado disappear. I open my eyes and I see I am behind Britany and she hasn't noticed yet. I use this to my advantage and use my telekinesis to increase the pressure inside her head. The tornado stops and she falls to her knees gripping her head on the fresh cut grass. I keep an eye on her to see if she will tap out or pass out first. Then her scream pierces through the area, I'm sure the whole school heard.

"STOP!"

I pull back my powers and the pressure in her head returns to normal. She just sits there in the grass trying to catch her breath. I walk around Britany to face her and hold out my hand to help her up; she wacks my hand away.

"I don't need help from a loser like you."

I shrug and walk over to the rest of my classmates and Jack. They all looked very shocked.

"Oh my god! That was amazing! No one has ever been able to defeat Britany before!" I hear Brett exclaim.

"Looks like you got quite a crowd," Jack tells me while pointing to my right.

My gaze follows his finger and I see a crowd of students standing beside the bleachers looking dumbfounded. I don't like all of the attention and I am supposed to be keeping a low profile.

"I'm sorry," I said to Jack before running back to the school change rooms.

Once inside I throw on my clothes and shove my workout clothes in my backpack. I hurry out of the changeroom and make my way to the library to work on my history project.

I browse through the prophecy section looking for another book on this particular prophecy and found a book on Aluca, I figured if people believed this person was his right-hand man, maybe there will be something about him in here. Also this gives me a chance to learn more about my brief captor. I bring the book back to the table where my backpack is and take out the history textbook. I flip to the page with the passage about the boy, then open Aluca: God of the Underworld. Chapter 3 is called Creatures of the Underworld and maybe the boy will be mentioned. There are the Demon Servants, Ravenier, and Hell Hounds, but nowhere does it mention a boy. I keep flipping through chapters and the final chapter is called Allies it is only part of a page that reads;

There are no confirmed allies of Aluca; however, many believe the God of the Night, Noc, was working with him in the past and that is why he was banished to Valanter fifteen years ago. Other than Noc, there is no one else that may be working with Aluca. It is believed that if the girl named Chara if influenced by Aluca, she will join him to rule in darkness.