Chapter 26

Nix's POV

I am sorry, Nix, I love you, I hear Chara say before I feel our bond break.

I feel like my heart is being crushed, I fall to the floor and start sobbing. She's gone, she is really gone. I can't believe I lost her. I just sit there on the cold floor, knees to my chest, as I sob my eyes out. I sense someone come up to me and crouch down beside me.

"Sir, what is wrong, are you alright?" a woman asks.

I just keep crying; I can't seem to form any words to respond to her. I then smell the blood of my mate and I lift my head to see the doctor walking towards me with his head held low. The woman beside me stands up and looks at the doctors, wondering what has happened.

"I am so sorry, we did everything we would, but we couldn't save her. She is dead despite our best efforts."

"I know, I felt it when it happened. She said she was sorry and that she loved me and then the bond broke."

There was silence once again as I continued to cry.

"What happened?" I hear the woman ask the doctor.

"His mate and Luna just died."

I look up from where I am sitting, "how did you know she was to be my Luna?"

"I have the give of seeing auras, I can tell you are an alpha and she also had a very strong orange aura around her."

I just nod my head and then the movement behind the doctor catches my attention. I see Daniel, Malik, and Zane standing there looking at me. My face is probably puffy from the crying and my eyes are most likely red.

"No," I hear Daniel deny.

The doctor and woman turn around to see them. I can see the panic on Zane's face, he felt her die as well, but he denied it.

No, she couldn't have died, Zane tells me.

Tears fill me eyes once again and the all rush over to me. Zane lays his head in my lap and Daniel puts a hand on my shoulder.

"She couldn't have died, I just met her. We were supposed to get to know each other and find our father," Malik says, sorrow in his voice.

"I am sorry to say thing, but there is a no animals allowed policy in the hospital," the woman says.

Daniel stands up and walks over to them, "have you realized what doom this has just caused the world?"

The woman and doctor shake their heads, looking confused.

"That 'animal' was her bonded, he is a purebred chimera. That is her mate who just witness the breaking of their bonds. Right over there is her brother who she just met and wanted to get to know. I am her guide that was supposed to keep her safe and help her save our world from the darkness that is rising. Do you even know who she is?" he asks, anger laces his words.

"No, we never got a name," the doctor replies.

I stand up from my position from the ground and walk over beside Daniel, "Her name is...was Chara Shade, Goddess of Sinalo. Our whole world as we know it is now doomed. The war will happen, and the darkness will win without her."

They both look stunned and then realization and sadness cross their faces, "no, that can't be. I just let our saviour die?" the doctor denies.

"No, this is not your fault, it is Grim's."

Their eyes widen in recognition, "Grim as in the God of Sight and Destruction?"

I nod along with Daniel.