Chapter 22

I see Nix in black dress pants and a button up whiter shirt. His thick hair is slicked back and when he looks at me, he runs his hand through it. I walk down the stairs towards him.

"Wow Chara, you look absolutely stunning!"

"Thank you, Nix. You look handsome as well," he blushes.

"Come on, we need to head out," he takes my hand.

"Where are we going?"

"You will see soon enough, now come on."

We walk out of the front door and he continues to walk. We come across a big building that has strobe lights coming out of the windows from inside. Let's hope all goes well tonight.

"I love the converse by the way," Nix says after looking at my shoes and I blush.

"I can't walk in heels," I reply.

"That's okay, I love the converse. They suit you," he smiles, and I smile back.

We walk up the front steps to the huge door. Nix reaches out and turns the handle. We walk into an open room with a bar, snacks, music, and lights. I look at all the people and I know all of them. I can't believe Talia went through the trouble to invite all my friends. Brett was in my power practice class last year and I helped him with his powers. John, Callum, and Peter are the three I met at the tournament last year, Peter is one of the Di's at the school. Then we have Lucy, the other Di, Pera and Rex are from the supernatural animal training class. Ryan and Luke are form the Riverwood pack and Layla is Ryan's mate. Then there is Carly, Brett's younger sister that I have only met a few times, but she is so nice. I look to my right and see Jason, Talia, Lina, Mikhail, Jared, and Killian talking amongst each other. Some tears come to my eyes, I can't believe she did this for me, no one has done anything like this for me before. Nix seems to notice my watery eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asks, worry in his tone.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine, I just can't believe Talia did this for me."

"Well, let's go see them and have some fun before we head out."

"Head out?"

"Yes, we will stay for an hour, but then we have somewhere to be."

I give him a questioning look, but he just grins and walks over to our friends pulling me along by my hand.

"Happy Birthday!" they all say in sync as they turn to face Nix and me.

"Thank you, guys, and thank you Talia for setting this all up. It is amazing!"

"You're very welcome Chara, I knew you probably wouldn't want a bunch of strangers here, so I made sure to only invite your friends. It really helped to have Nix and Jason around, they told me who you are friends with."

"Thank you, guys," I say to Jason and Nix, "I am going to go say hi to the others, I will see you in a bit."

They all nod in agreement and Nix asks if I want him to come. I tell him that he can only if he wants to and he grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers, and I take him over to the first group; John, Callum, and Peter.

"Hey guys," I greet.

They all wish me a happy birthday and I thank them.

"So, did the principal end up making an assembly?" I ask.

"He did, but since you weren't there, he wouldn't say anything. Do you want to tell us? You don't have to if you don't want to though," John replies.

"I don't mind, I just want you guys to keep this to the people in this room because I trust all of you, okay?" they all nod, "Good, I am Chara Shade, Goddess of Sinalo."