Chapter 10

Thank you for continuing!

I arrive just before the bell goes off and sit down next to Luca.

"Hey." I say to him.

"Hi, how was your morning so far?"

"It was fine. The usual."

"Cool."

He is holding back the question he wants to ask, and I can tell. Hopefully he will hold off and let me tell him when I am ready. I hope Daniel finds out who he is soon.

The class settles down and the teacher begins to speak.

"Okay students, today is the project presentations. I hope you are all ready and have your projects with you. This will be worth ten percent of your final mark."

Some people gasp from around the room. If they read the project sheet, they would have already known that.

"First up is Britany and Emily."

I have not met Emily yet, but I notice that she follows Britany around a lot. They're presentation is on the prophecy that is about me.

"So, this prophecy is about a powerful girl that will be either good or evil." Britany starts.

"She is a goddess and the most powerful of them all. The girls same is supposed to be Chara, her powers are unknown." Emily chimes in.

"No one has heard of this Chara and it is unlikely that she is on the earth today. Some believe that the part about her name is false and that anyone could be her. I mean I could be goddess from the prophecy considering how strong my power is."

"That's all."

The class claps and whispers to each other. Some more pairs pass by and there are quite a few on the prophecy about me. Finally, it is our turn to go. We are the last presentation before the class ends. Luca carries the poster board up to the front and I bring up the cue cards.

I start with a quote of the prophecy, "this prophecy is about a boy who will go through hell and escape after many years. He will possess amazing powers; however, he must not let them consume him. Many believe he is Aluca right hand man now, but no one, except the gods, know for sure what happened to this boy. We have speculations about who this boy could possibly be."

Luca states some of the people, mostly forgotten gods. I take the last theory though.

"I believe the most realistic guess to who this boy is, is Noc, God of the Night. He was believed to be Aluca's right hand man and that is why he was banished to Valanter seventeen years ago. Other than Noc, there has been no record of anyone else working with Aluca."

I see shocked faces around the room, even the teacher looked shocked. I guess no one ever thought of that possibility before.

"Thank you, Luca and Kate, for the presentation," the bell rings, "I will see you guys at the tournament tomorrow."

I turn to Luca, "what tournament?"

"I have no clue, how about we ask Jack in last period."

I nod and we head to math. Math goes by as usual; I work ahead, and Britany does not know the answers. Today I am sitting next to Luca.

At lunch Luca and I head to the cafeteria. We are sitting down for all of five minutes before some guys come up to us, I recognize one of them.

"Hey Kate! How are you?" John asks.

"I'm good. What are you doing?"

"The guys didn't believe I knew the famous Kate Smith who took down, not only Britany, but also Jason in practice."