2

Emma wondered down the halls at the end of the day, taking her time like usual. She was on her way to Regina's class for her detention so, naturally, she was late. As she wondered, she was messaging random girls on snap chat. Emma had no intention of dating any of them but she liked to message them for her fun. 

"Miss Swan, move it" Regina said, standing in the doorway of her classroom as she watched the blonde.

"Awe you're waiting for me, cute" Emma mockingly said, smiling sweetly at the annoyed teacher.

"Get in" Regina huffed, pointing at the classroom as the blonde neared.

"You only want me going first so you can stare at my sexy ass" Emma said with a smirk, swaying her hips dramatically as she walked in.

"I have much better things to do than stare at your ass" Regina sighed, following the blonde as she rolled her eyes. She turned around and closed the door, everyone knew she hated it open. As she turned back, Emma was heading to the desk she was sat in first lesson. "Not happening, Miss Swan. You're at the front"

"No you're mistaking me for the nerd I sent to the front, I'm at the back. See, I carved my initials" Emma replied with a laugh, turning to face her vandalism from earlier. That's when Emma noticed it was gone, confusing her as she faced the brunette. "Where it go"

"I did see that you vandalised my desk and so I swapped it for the front one. Your desk is here and you shall sit at it" Regina replied with a slightly annoyed look as she stood in front of the desk.

"Well played, Mills" Emma said with a laugh, mocking the woman's name as she walked to the front.

"Surely you should be more annoyed that you got detention on the first day back" Regina questioned, sitting down at her desk and pulling her chair in.

"Use to it by now" Emma shrugged, chuckling as she lifted her feet onto the desk.

"Feet off" Regina demands, glaring at the blonde to help intimidate.

"Or what" Emma asked with a laugh, making herself more comfortable in the seat.

"Or I'll drag them off" Regina replied with a stern voice, turning back to face her computer.

"You can't touch me, I'm a child and your student" Emma confidently said, smirking as she used her go to line.

"Child?" Regina spat her laughter, looking up at the blonde like she's stupid. "You've been held back so many years, you're far from a child" Regina laughed, lifting the blondes legs up and dropping them beside the desk.

"Fuck you" Emma huffed, looking annoyed the teacher just done that.

Regina smirked as she sat back at her desk, still giggling to herself. Emma sat forward and examined the woman, looking from the ring on her finger to the necklace around her neck. She was putting different pieces together and figuring out what kind of person Regina Mills was.

"What" Regina asked, snapping her head up as she knew the blonde was staring.

"Just trying to figure you out. You're married, obviously, and judging by that pictures you have kids" Emma replied with a smile, gesturing her head to the drawing on the brunettes desk.

"Who I am and my life are private, Miss Swan" Regina said, neither confirming nor denying what was just said.

"I'm guessing you got two, maybe three kids. No more than three but definitely no less than two. You got one boy and only one boy, you either have one girl or two girls" Emma said, making it out like she knew but she was guessing based on the brunette. Regina glanced up at her confused, not saying anything and looking back down. "Come on, Mills. We're going to spend a lot of time together, let's bond"

"No thanks, just stay quiet and sit there" Regina sighed, typing at her computer as she ignored the blonde as much as she could.

"Why? Scared you'll like me?" Emma asked, resting against the desk with a smirk.

"Like you? I find that hard to believe. I do, however, want to know why you are... Like this" Regina asked, looking the blonde up and down with a judgemental look.

"Like what exactly" Emma questioned with a frown, hoping to intimidate the brunette.

"Youre about 19, right, and you're still acting like a child. Don't you think it's time to grow up and leave this place" Regina asked, looking a little confused why the blonde was this way.

Emma just looked at her, frowning a little as she was annoyed by the question. She stood up and stepped closer to the brunettes desk, immediately smacking her cup of coffee onto the floor. Regina looked shocked as her head followed the cup, standing up a little from shock. Emma grabbed her bag and walked to the door, still holding her angry face.

"Fuck you" she said over her shoulder, her middle finger stand up as she exists the classroom.

Regina chased the blonde into the hall, watching as she walked down it in an angry pace. She sighed and rolled her eyes, not having the energy to deal with Emma on the first day back. She went to her desk and wrote a note for the cleaner about the broken cup. She then gathered her things and began leaving the room, exhausted from her day. Her phone then began to ring, revealing her husband was calling.

"Hey, Howie" Regina answered tiredly, knowing she doesn't really want to talk to him.

"Can you grab the kids? I'm a little busy" Howard asked with an awkward tone as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Are you serious, Howie? They are meant to be picked up in 10 minutes, I'll never make it there in time" Regina sighed, looking half annoyed, half shocked as she walked down the hall.

"Well I can't, I have to stay back at work and help. I won't be home for dinner either so crack on with the kids" Howard replied, shrugging as if the kids weren't his problem.

"Shocker. Well I better go if I'm going to try and make it to the school on time" Regina huffed, hanging up the phone before the man could speak anymore.

Regina picked up the pace and went down the stairs in record time, walking quickly out the building. She rushed to her car and got in, driving away within the same minute. She had 7 minutes to get to the school but the drive was 15 with no traffic. Regina went as fast as she could to get to her children's school, knowing she is already late. As she pulled up, she saw them stood waiting with the teacher.

"Mummy!" The youngest shouted, smiling happily as she didn't expect to see her.

Emma had guessed correctly, Regina had 3 young children, a boy and two girls. The brunette was confused how the blonde got that correct but knew it was a coincidence. The boy was the eldest, he had brown locks that were always curly and looked just like his father. His name was Drake, aged 8. The middle child was a splitting image of her mother, hair and facial feature to the bone. Her name was Evie and she was 6. The youngest was the unique looking one, she looked like Regina's mother in law. Long, blonde hair that was always braided and cute little freckles across her cheeks. Her name was Katie, she's only 4.

"Hi, beautiful" Regina said with a smile, bending down to pick her youngest daughter up. She placed a soft kiss against the young girls cheek and smiled brightly at her. She then looked down at her other two who were saying goodbye to the teacher. "Thank you, sorry I'm late" Regina said awkwardly to the teacher, feeling bad she was so behind schedule.

"It's ok" the woman replied, smiling sweetly at the brunette as she waved her goodbye.

"Hey, you two" Regina said, bending down a little to see her other two children. They both rushed into her arms and hugged her, holding her close as they had missed her during the day. Regina chuckled as she slipped out their grip, ruffling her son's hair as she stood up. "Let's get you three munchkins home then"

Drake ran quickly to the car door and climbed in, making sure he was the one in the middle instead of his sister. Regina chuckled as she strapped her youngest into the car. Once she checked they were all in and had seat belts, Regina took off to her home.