39

It's been a month, a very quick month for Emma and Regina. Howard was sentenced for 30 years in Washington state prison, a restraining order to stay away from Regina. Today Emma arrived at Regina's house, knocking the door as she waited. As the door opened, she was greeted by Angelina with an angry look.

"Who are you" she asked with a judgemental look, her eyes running across the sheriffs body.

"I'm Emma, we met at Katie's birthday" Emma awkwardly replied, not expecting to see the Mills mother.

"I don't pay attention to irrelevant people"

"Thanks for that"

"Why are you here" Angelina asked, getting ready to close the door on the blondes face.

"To see Regina" Emma simply replied, unsure why the woman is judging her so much.

"Regina, darling, their is a blonde woman here for you" Angelina said into the house, still holding the door as if she was going to close it.

"I'm coming" Regina quickly said, leaving the room as fast as she could to get to the door. As she got to the door, she saw her mother barely holding it open. "Em, hey" Regina said with a smile, trying to open the door more.

"I'll meet you back in the living room, Regina" Angelina said with an eye roll, walking away from the doorway.

"Why didn't you tell me they were coming" Emma asked with a shocked look, finally relaxing a bit.

"Because you wouldn't have came. Em, I have to tell them about the divorce and you but I'm scared, I needed you" Regina said with an innocent look, holding the blondes hand as she pouts.

"Don't give me that look, did you not just see how your mother stared at me" Emma questioned, looking at the brunette like she was crazy.

"I know, she looks at me just as bad so it's fine. Come on, mi amor" Regina begged, pulling the blonde closer to her as she smirked. Emma chuckled as she rolled her eyes, nodding her head as she knew she didn't have a choice. Regina smiled as she leaned up to kiss her, holding her closely. "Thank you, beautiful"

"You best fucking love me for this" Emma said with a laugh, walking into the house.

"Oh I do" Regina replied with a smirk, winking over her shoulder as she led the way.

The pair walked into the lounge, seeing Angelina and Sebastian sat in silence. The Mills father looked up and frowned his eyebrows at the blonde being their. He turned his head to his wife and tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

"Who is that" Sebastian asked his wife, confused as he thought it would be Howard.

"A friend or something, clearly gay" Angelina replied with an eye roll, looking back down at the paper she was reading.

"You know I'm wearing this because I'm deputy sheriff, right" Emma questioned, looking confused that she was defined like that.

"Any how, where is Howard and my grand babies" Sebastian asked with a curious look, his gaze following around the room.

"The kids are at my best friend, Carly's, house. As for Howard... He's in prison" Regina replied, looking down as she was scared to see their face.

"What?" Angelina asked, sitting up in so much shock as she put her paper down.

"Why" Sebastian added with a frown, placing his paper down as he stood to his feet.

"He's a horrible man who hit me every single day and hit my children" Regina explained, looking up at them to show she was being true and vulnerable. Both Mills parents looked at their daughter with shock and heart break, turning to the other for an answer. "It's not a recent thing, he's done it for years"