48

Regina was asleep in the hospital chair, awaiting for Emma to come out of surgery. She was restless and stirred a lot, briefly awaking a few times and falling back to sleep. Carly was snoring quietly beside her, trying to sit comfortably with her pregnant belly. Regina soon fluttered her brown eyes open, looking up at the ceilings bright light.

"I wondered when you'd wake up" Emma said with a slight chuckle, startling the tired brunette.

"Oh my god, you're alive" Regina said with a sigh of relief, leaping off the chair to be by her side.

"I got woke up not long ago, they were going to wake you up but I told them to let you sleep" Emma replied, giggling a little as she watched the brunette rush to her side.

"Are you ok? I was so worried about you, I thought I lost you" Regina asked, too scared to sit in the bed due to the injuries across the ones body.

"I can't move but I'm alive, they said I'll be here a few days before I can leave but I'm alive" Emma said with a smile, lifting her good arm up the slightest bit to hold her fiance's.

"You're alive" Regina said as she began to cry, so happy to see the woman awake and talking. "I was so worried about you, I thought I lost you. I love you so much, I'm so truly sorry" Regina sobbed, feeling too many emotions inside her to control them.

"It's not your fault, you didn't hit me" Emma said with a chuckle, letting go of the brunettes hand to hold her cheek.

"You wouldn't have gotten hit if it wasn't for the fight" Regina replied, placing her hand over her fiance's hand with tears down her face.

"I got over the fight a car crash ago. So what, you don't want the world to know that I use to be your student, it's not there business anyway" Emma laughed, seeing the heart break and worry across the brunettes face.

"I was so scared and you're laughing" Regina said with a giggle, a few more tears slipping out her eyes.

"I'm on a lot of pain meds, I won't be laughing so much when they wear off" Emma replied with a chuckle, winking towards the brunette. Regina smiled as she kissed her fiance's palm as it rested on her cheek, the pair locking eyes together. "Come here, lie down with me"

"No, you're whole body is practically broken and I don't want to hurt you" Regina quickly replied, looking at the blondes fragile body.

"It's work the pain. Please, get in and hug me" Emma said as she poked her lip out, begging her fiance to lie down.

Regina giggled a little as she saw Emma's face. She stood up, allowed the blonde to try move a little to the side and gently sat on the edge of the bed. Regina led down slowly as she gently snuggled into Emma's arms. Emma coughed a little as she tried to adjust her body more, feeling the pain in her bones and muscles.

"You're in pain, aren't you" Regina asked a little worried, sitting up a bit to stop hurting the blonde.

"I don't care, just hug me" Emma replied, using her good arm to pull the brunette back onto the bed.

They laid together, both missing the others touch. Emma closed her eyes and relaxed more, taking slow breaths due to her broken ribs. Regina was being careful where she placed her arms and how much weight she rested on Emma, worried as if she was a fragile glass ornament.

"I love you, mi amor" Regina whispered, gently tracing her finger up and down the blondes neck.

"I love you too, baby girl" Emma replied with a smile, bitting her lip at the woman in her arms.

"Baby girl, really?" Regina questioned, chuckling at the sound of the name.

"I was just trying it, I don't like it"