47

It's been hours, midnight is edging closer and no sign of Emma waking up. The kids had come down to see her in case she didn't make it, they are now back at Donna's house. Regina and Carly were just sat in the hospital room, worrying as the time grew closer to 12.

"Maybe you should tell her parents" Carly suggested, looking up at the still blonde.

"Her father is in prison and I don't know how to get in contact with her mother" Regina replied with a sigh, knowing that has crossed her mind a few times.

Emma had refused to press charges against her parents for what they done to her, she just wanted to forget it ever happened. The Prince went to prison for drugs and gang activity, Joanne walked away with nothing.

"Can't you get in contact with the father through the prison" Carly asked, knowing the right thing is to inform them.

"If would take days for it to process unless she was dead. To be honest, the way they treated her, I don't think either would care. Emma went through so much as a child, it's heartbreaking to think about" Regina replied with a sad look, thinking about the stories she was told.

"She hasn't had the easiest life but I know she's happy now she's with you" Carly said with a soft tone, seeing the brunette's fear in her eyes. Regina looked at Emma and teared up again, beginning to worry a lot more. "She's a fighter, have faith in her"

"It's an hour until midnight, she hasn't woken up in the last few hours so why would she for this final hour" Regina asked with a sigh, her fear building up inside her.

"You have to believe a miracle will happen" Carly said with a gentle voice, rubbing her best friends back.

"Miracles are bullshit, they don't exist" Regina sighed, rolling her eyes at the crazy suggestion.

"They aren't, Gina. Look at me and Mikel, they said we'd never be able to have a baby together and now I'm 7 months pregnant with his child. Miracles can happen if you believe enough, you had one yourself" Carly replied with a soft sigh, knowing it's hard to convince this woman.

"I have? Did you not see the life I was in"

"Was! Key word there is was, you aren't anymore. Your miracle was Emma, she brought you out that marriage. Have faith that her miracle is to survive this" Carly cut in, seeing the lack of hope in her best friends eyes.

Regina rolled her eyes in disbelief, turning to see the unconscious blonde. She held Emma's hand, holding in her grip. Carly watched the exhausted brunette, seeing her forcing herself awake. Regina was so tired, she hadn't slept for hours but she was too anxious to wait. She just stared at Emma, tears forming in her dry eyes.

"Come back, baby" Regina whispered onto the blondes hand, kissing it softly as she did.

"Regina, you need sleep and food" Carly said with a worried look upon her face, rubbing her best friends back.

"No, I'm fine. You're the one pregnant, you need sleep and food" Regina replied over her shoulder, quickly looking back at the blonde.

"I'm not exhausted from so much stress and I've eaten in the last 5 hours, you haven't. If you won't eat, at least sleep. I promise I'll wake you if anything happens with her" Carly said with a soft voice, gently pulling the brunettes shoulder to rest against the seat.

"No, I can't"

"Gina"

"No"

"Regina, I'm not asking. You need to sleep, there is one more hour until they turn that off and you won't handle that if you are this tired. Even if she wakes up, you can't do anything whilst this tired" Carly said with a stern voice, knowing the brunette isn't strong enough to handle all this with no sleep.

"You promise you'll wake me up the second something happens" Regina questioned with hesitation, resting back against the chair as she sigh.

"I promise, just please try and sleep" Carly said with a soft voice, brushing her best friends head as she watched her.

Regina slowly started to close her eyes, trying so hard to sleep with her fear. She soon drifted off, her exhausted taking over her anxiety. In her dreams, her life with Emma played out like a slideshow. The memory of meeting Emma was one she held close to her heart, mostly because it was such a funny one to her now.
___________________________________________

"Awe, Miss Swan, I had wondered when I'd be seeing you" Regina said, looking at the younger woman with a judgemental look in her eyes.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs Mills" Emma sarcastically said, lifting a pretend hat off her head as she bowed to the woman.

"You're trying to be funny? Oh, how adorable" Regina mockingly said with a fake smile, not amused by the blonde in anyway. "Sit down and keep your mouth shut, got it" Regina sternly warned, pointing at the desk closest to her desk.

Emma licked her top lip and blew a kiss to the brunette, laughing as she saw the disgusted look in return.
___________________________________________

Regina felt a hand upon her shoulder, gently being shook to wake her. As her eyes fluttered open, she saw Carly looking down at her. She quickly sat up as she remembered why she was there, snapping her gaze to Emma with slight hope. As she saw the blonde was still unconscious, her heart sunk to her stomach.

"It's 3 minutes 12, you need to say your final goodbye" Carly softly said, tears in her eyes as she knew what was to come.

"No... this can't happen, she can't die" Regina quickly said, tears burning her eyes as she shook in fear.

"I'm so sorry, Regina. They are turning it off at midnight, you have to say goodbye before it's too late" Carly said, growing emotional as she cared for Emma and for her best friend.

Regina began to cry harder, not knowing what to do or say. As she turned to face Emma, she saw a few doctors waiting by the machine. She ignored they were there, she ignored anyone was there, as she just looked at the woman she loved. Regina took Emma's hand in hers as she stood over the bed, just looking at the sleeping woman.

"Baby, please... Please come back to me. The day I set eyes on you, I didn't like a single thing about you. I look at you today and I know I can't live without you so please come back. I don't care how selfish this is now, I don't care how people see me after this, I need you back in my life. I'm sorry I didn't tell people, I'm sorry, I promise if you come back, the whole world will know. Emma, please, I'm begging you to come back to me. I love you... I love you with every being I'm my body, I never thought I could love a person the way I love you. If you can hear me, I'm sorry, this is my fault and you don't own me anything... But I need you"

Regina began to sob onto Emma's hand, holding it as close to her as she could. Everyone in the room had tears in their eyes at the scene playing out in front of them. Carly rubbed the brunettes back softly, trying to comfort her as best she could.

"It's time, I'm very sorry, Miss Mills" Dr Yang said as he looked at the brunette, readying to turn the monitor off.

Regina placed a final kiss upon Emma's hand, crying as she held it in her hand. All doctors lowered there heads in respect, Dr Class awaiting to call the time of death. Regina just sobbed, feeling her heart break at the death of her true love. Regina squeezed Emma's hand in hers, fear taking over. She then felt Emma hold her hand back, causing her to quickly sit up.

"Stop! Look!" Regina quickly said, showing the doctors the grip Emma had.

"Yang, don't turn it off" Phoebe quickly said, seeing the movement from her patient. "We must have missed something, the smallest thing that would have slipped past us. She's not braindead, that wouldn't happen if she's braindead. Page Dr King, we are taking her for an MI scan and straight into surgery" Phoebe demands, helping her fellow doctors to move Emma's bed.

"What's going on" Regina asked in confusion, feeling Emma's hand slip out of hers.

"Their may be stem cell in the brain that is still alive. If it is still there, we can resort the brain and we may be able to save her" Phoebe informed, smiling as she knew there was a decent change of survival.

"She's not dying?"

"Not just yet, she may survive this"