8

The end of the lesson came around, Emma had refused to say anything else to the brunette and just went back in class. Everyone started to leave the class except Emma who was forced to stay for detention. Once the class was empty, Regina went to her door and quietly shut it.

"Miss Swan, we need to talk about what you said" Regina softly said, turning round to see the blonde student.

"No, I told you that in confidence so you have to keep your mouth shut about it" Emma quickly replied, looking down at her desk nervously.

"You told me your father hit you, we need to talk about this" Regina said, moving the desk chair in front of the blondes table.

"I told you, I know a lot of bad people in this world and it just so happens one is my father" Emma sighed, keeping her head down to avoid looking at the woman.

"Emma, talk to me. Is this a common thing" Regina asked, desperately trying to get the blonde to look at her.

"If you keep asking me, I'm leaving" Emma huffed in annoyance, pulling her phone out to look at it. Regina took the phone from her grip and held it behind her, holding a stern glare. Emma looked up annoyed and went to grab it, seeing the woman looking angrily at her. "Give it back!"

"Talk to me then" Regina sternly ordered, giving up on asking the blonde now.

"Fine! My dad is a horrible person who hits me any chance he gets! The man is a gang leader who calls himself Princes, who calls themselves that" Emma snapped in annoyance, not meaning to let it out. Regina just looked at the student in shock, unsure what to say. "Son of a bitch, you were not suppose to know that"

"Emma, have you ever told anyone that" Regina asked, still in shock at the blondes story.

"No and you can't tell anyone, got it" Emma quickly replied, glaring at the brunette to show she was being serious.

"You need help"

"What, you think you can? Please, don't make me laugh" Emma cut in with a laugh, rolling her eyes dramatically.

"Emma, look at me" Regina softly said, wanting to lift her head but scared to touch her. The blonde slowly lifted her head, locking eyes with the brunette teacher. "You can trust me and talk to me"

"No, I can't. What I tell you, will just be told to a bunch of teachers and social workers and God knows who" Emma huffed with annoyance, turning away from the woman once again.

"I would only tell someone if you are in trouble and it sounds like you are" Regina said with a soft tone, lifting the glasses from the blondes face.

"I'm fine"

"You're not, tell me"

"I told you, I don't trust you" Emma softly replied, sighing at the fact she keeps repeating herself.

"You can trust me, I promise. If you won't let me help me, at least let me be someone that you can talk to" Regina said with a worried look as she tried to look into the green eyes.

"For as long as I can remember, my parents hated me and treated me like shit" Emma replied with a small chunk of information, not wanting to say too much.

"Why do they hate you" Regina softly asked, moving her chair closer to the table.

"Many, many reasons. For starters, they had me young so say I ruined their lives. Another reason, I was a slow learner as a kid and struggled with work but they never helped me and I failed a lot of classes. I'm gay... Do I need to carry on?" Emma replied with a huff, knowing to her the answers are obvious.

"Emma, none of that is your fault. They had you young and that was their problem, don't let them put you down for it. You being a slow learner is something I know you fixed, I've seen some of the work you actually complete and it's very impressive. As for you being gay, that's nothing to be ashamed of. My parents didn't like me being bisexual... Neither does my husband" Regina softly said with a smile to the blonde, trying to mumble the last part.

"I guess neither of our lives are that good" Emma said with a chuckle, smiling a little at what she said.

"I guess not... But they're not terrible, good things can come from bad" Regina said with a smile, giggling a little at the blondes comment.

"Yeah? Like what" Emma asked, rolling her eyes with a sigh and scoffed.

"I married an ass but I got three beautiful children from it" Regina replied with a chuckle, smiling sweetly at the thought of her children.

"If he's an ass, why are you married to him"

"If your parents aren't nice people, why dont you turn them in"

"Touchè" Emma said with a laugh, slouching in her seat exhaustedly.

"You're a bright girl, don't let your parents trick you that you're not" Regina informed with a soft tone and a sweet smile.

"You're pretty hot, don't let your cheating husband trick you that you're not" Emma replied with a laugh, winking with her good eye.

"Well thank you for noticing" Regina said with a smirk, knowing by now to not let them blonde get to her.

Emma laughed a little as she looked down, sitting forward to lean on the desk. Regina placed the blondes phone back on the desk knowing she had to give it back now. Emma reached to grab it but accidently brushed hands with Regina, causing them both to quickly move.

"Sorry" Emma nervously said, remembering the her teachers fear.

"It's ok, I have to get over this fear anyway" Regina shrugged, chuckling a little to hide her pain.

"You don't have to if you're not ready to" Emma softly replied, seeing in her eyes the fear she felt. Regina smiled a little at that as she looked down at the desk. Emma reached to get her phone but stopped, reaching out to place her hand on Regina's hand. The teacher flinched a little but didn't retract her hand to her own surprise. "I told you, I'm not going to hurt you"

"Emma, I don't think this is very appropriate" Regina awkwardly said, unsure why she wants to place her other hand over the students.

"Do you want me to stop" Emma softly asked, locking her eyes with the attractive brunette.

"What" Regina asked, baffled by the question she hadn't heard in years.

"I asked if you want me to stop" Emma asked again, rubbing her thumb gently on the woman's hand.

"No one has asked me that in a very long time" Regina admits in a whisper, not meaning for it to come out.

"Well if you couldn't tell, I'm not like everyone else in this shit town. I learnt that one the hard way" Emma replied with a laugh, rolling her eyes at the stupid truth.

"Eh, who wants to be like everyone else" Regina said, smiling weakly as she chuckled with the blonde. Emma looked up and into the brunettes eyes, seeing someone different to the woman she saw yesterday. "Now we've talked, you need to do some work, that's what detention is after all" Regina added, standing from her seat and moving her hand away from the blondes grip.

"Can't I just do it tomorrow, I just want to go home" Emma sighed in exhaustion, dropping her head down onto the desk.

"No, Miss Swan. You have work to do, so come on" Regina said with a stern look, knowing the blonde doesn't get off that easy.

"Well I guess I'm just sat here, watching you work, until 4" Emma replied with a laugh, propping her head up with her arm.

"You watch me?"

"It's hot"

Regina just laughed as she rolled her eyes, knowing Emma was just being... Well Emma.