33

4 months passed, today was graduation day. Regina and Emma haven't spoken since Emma moved out, never bumping into each other at school at all. Today Emma was finally graduating; she's so happy and over the moon about it. She was sat in the seats as the principal spoke, wearing her cap and gown. Emma looked at all the teachers on the stage, landing her gaze on Regina looking at her.

"Hi" Emma mouthed with a smile, giving her a small but subtle wave.

Regina smiled more as she gave a small wink, realising just how much she missed Emma. The principal soon started calling out names, meaning people went up to get their certificate. Regina, being head of English, was one of the teachers who's hand was to be shook. She smiled as she shook each students hand, congratulating them.

"Emma Swan" principal Anderson called out, looking around to see where she was. Emma stood up with a smile, heading towards the stage. She took the rolled up paper from him and smiled, shaking the mans hand. "Congratulations"

"Thank you" Emma replied with a smile, knowing he was happy to see her go. She moved along the line of teachers, all heads of department, shaking their hands. As she got to Regina, she gave her a shit eater grin. "I finally did it"

"You did, indeed. Congratulations, Emma, I'm very proud" Regina said with a smile, shaking the woman's hand.

Emma gave her a cheeky wink as she left the stage, Regina's eyes following her off. The graduation soon ended and everyone went to see parents for photos and celebrating. Emma didn't have her parents there, she had no one there. She was walking to her car when she felt someone softly hold her shoulder, causing her to look round. Regina was stood there with a slight smile, feeling proud of the blonde.

"Hey, you" Emma said, smiling as she face the woman she secretly missed.

"Awe look at you in your little cap and gown" Regina said with a chuckle, pulling away to see her outfit.

"I know right, looking hot" Emma said as she smirked and shook her hips.

"You look good, a lot healthier than when I last saw you" Regina said with a chuckle, admiring the blondes happy smile.

"Yeah, I've been doing better. Do you want to go get coffee and catch up?" Emma asked with a smile, gesturing to the yellow car beside her.

"Since when can you drive a car?" Regina asked, chuckling as she looked at the small car.

"I grew up a bit more, traded that run down bike for a run down car" Emma laughed her response, leaning against the car door.

"Don't you have a graduation party to go to or crash or something" Regina chuckled, looking at the blonde curiously.

"You think I want to party with these dweebs, no thanks. So, coffee"

"Sure, why not"

Emma smirked as she opened the passenger door, walking around her car to get into the drivers seat. Regina chuckled while climbing in, closing the door and strapping in. Emma started the car and began driving towards a small cafe.

"So, how are the kids" Emma asked, knowing she missed the trio so much.

"They're doing good. Drake just won a big dancing award, Evie's team won their tournament and Katie can do the whole alphabet on her own" Regina replied with a smile, bragging her children's accomplishments.

"Whoa, that's incredible. And you, how are you?" Emma asked with a smirk, quickly glancing across at the brunette.

"I'm alright, I've been better but I'm alright. How about you, finally a graduate" Regina questioned with a smirk, nudging the blondes shoulder as she chuckled.

"I know, it's about fucking time ay. I've been doing a lot better, I went to therapy and I'm the new deputy sheriff" Emma replied, smiling at how proud she was of herself.

"Emma, oh I'm so proud of you, that's amazing" Regina said with a huge smile, knowing that's all she ever wanted for her.

"Yeah, I'm so happy about it" Emma smiled, knowing how hard she worked for this. She soon pulled up in front of a small cafe, both climbing out and heading in. They sat at a booth, still catching up about how they were doing. "So you and Howard still going strong" Emma asked with a slight smirk, remembering the way she left the couple.

"As strong as always. He's really pissing me off at the moment, everything with Drake doing dance and Evie doing football. He wants them both to quit and switch but neither want to of course and neither should have to" Regina sighed in annoyance, thinking to their latest argument.

"Drake is a phenomenal dancer, don't let Howard make him quit" Emma said in an almost begging tone, knowing that boy has so much potential.

"I'd never let him quit for Howard's sake. Anyway, enough on my failed marriage, how's therapy going" Regina asked, changing the subject as fast as she could.

"It's good, it really helped me. I moved in with my parents after I left you for 2 weeks, got a therapist and moved out as fast as I could. Thanks to my therapist I have a better job and shitty but still better apartment" Emma said with a big smile, knowing she came far in a few months.

"Awe, em, that's so amazing for you. I'm honestly so happy that you are" Regina softly said, her face showing just how proud she was.

"How about you, how's your therapy going" Emma asked, knowing the brunette is just as bad as she left her.

"How did you know about my therapy"

"Fuck, I forgot I wasn't meant to know"

"Carly told you, didn't she" Regina questioned with a sigh, knowing the answer already.

"Yeah, she said you have been in and out for years" Emma softly replied, knowing to be gentle with her.

"Yeah, Howard doesn't like me there so I'm barely there anymore. It's fine though, I've done this for nearly 9 years so what's another 40 odd years" Regina said with a chuckle, rolling her eyes at her pained life. "I saw your results, by the way. An A in English, I was amazed"

"So was I, I couldn't believe it" Emma replied with a huge smile, taking the hint to change topics.

"I'm really proud, though I must say it was strange not having you stroll in late to my class and get to scold you" Regina said with a chuckle, remembering back to the very beginning of the year.

"I always knew you loved that part"

"I did indeed"

The pair laughed together, slouching down in their seats to relax. Emma watched Regina laugh, remembering how much she missed her smile. Regina noticed and chuckled more, feelings a little embarrassed.

"God, I missed you" Emma said with an admiring smile, just watching the laughing brunette.

"I missed you too" Regina replied with a smile, placing her hand over the blondes.

The pair just looked at each other, smiling as they admired the others smile. It was as if none of the fighting had happened and they were a couple at last. But both knew too well this was an illusion. That being said, within minutes, the pair were making out in a toilet cubical. Regina was pinned up against the wall as Emma kissed her deeply and passionately. The blonde pulled away and kissed Regina's cheek, all the way to her ear so she could speak.

"I missed the way you taste" Emma whispered, causing the brunette to go weak at the knees.

"Prove it, baby" Regina whispered back, her head rested against the wall she was pinned against.