31

It's been another week, Regina and Emma barely talk to each other anymore. Emma works more hours and when she's home, she stays in her room. It hurts them both seeing each other. Today was Wednesday and Regina had just began teaching her lesson. Since her and Emma stopped whatever they were doing, Emma went back to being late but now doing the work to avoid detention.

"So, today we are reading through chapter 4 of The Great Gatsby. Take your books out and follow along as I read" Regina instructed, sitting down on the edge of her desk.

"Which page, Mrs Mills" a student asked, her hand held in the air out of respect.

"39" Regina replied as she glanced up, returning her gaze back to her book. "On Sunday morning while church bells began to ring" Regina started to read, being interrupted by her door opening. She looked up in annoyance, seeing Emma strolling in with her phone in her hand. "Miss Swan, get off your phone and sit down"

"I am, Mrs Mills" Emma replied, barely looking at the woman a she went to her desk.

"Page 39, chapter 4. On Sunday morning while church bells began to ring" Regina continued to read the whole chapter to her class.

Emma just sat their, staring at the large breasts on show. She knew Regina done that on purpose and it worked, it got Emma's attention. Emma knew she had a sports bra on under her shirt; she also knew Regina's weakness was her abs. Emma smirked as she undone her shirt, allowing her rock solid abs to be on show. As Regina closed the book, she looked up at the class, catching full sight of Emma's stomach. Her mouth dropped a little as her breathing caught, trying to look away but not being able to.

"Mrs Mills, what happens to Gatsby in the end" a student asked, raising her hand to catch the teachers attention.

"What? Oh, umm, you'll have to read it and find out" Regina replied as she snapped her head towards the student, hating herself for staring at Emma. "Miss Swan, this is a school, not a strip joint. Button your shirt" Regina sternly ordered, knowing the blonde was trying to distract her.

"But, Regina, your chest is further out than mine" Emma said with a smirk, her eyes falling to lock her teachers breast.

Regina frowned at her in annoyance, turning to face the bored. The class began to giggle a little, never seeing Emma defeat Regina before. The blonde smirk as she knew she won that one only because of the awkwardness between them. Regina heard the giggles, turning round with a glare at her class.

"Enough! Anyone who so much as laughs or talks or do anything other than sit in silence and listen to me will be put in detention!" Regina snapped, feeling her pain for the blonde becoming anger. The whole class went silent. Regina glared at them all a final time, turning back to the bored. "So, F.Scott Fitzgerald wanted us to feel tense in this chapter"

Regina taught her class up until the bell went, keeping them silent the whole time. As they all began leaving, Emma stayed sat in her seat with her head on her desk. Regina looked curious, Emma has avoided her the last few days so why would she possibly stay. Regina walked over and placed her hand softly on Emma's shoulder, causing the blonde to sit up in shock.

"What" she asked confused, looking at the teacher as if she spoke.

"You fell asleep? Really" Regina asked in annoyance, turning to walk back to her desk.

"Yeah, I'm tired" Emma shrugged her response, grabbing her bag from the floor to leave.

"You, of all people, should be listening to me. Don't you dare fall asleep in my lesson again" Regina sternly warned, looking at the woman in anger.

"Fuck you, Regina" Emma sighed, too exhausted to deal with the teacher right now.

"Excuse ME" Regina asked in an angry tone, her voice rising as her anger level did.

"You heard me, fuck you. I get your angry but your taking it out on everyone, including me. That's not fair! If you want to be angry, be angry at yourself... you are the one who started and stopped this after all" Emma replied in a huff, turning to leave the classroom.

"I'm allowed to feel this way, ok? I'm allowed to hurt, Emma! How do think I feel that I had to loose you because of a marriage I'm trapped in, because of a man I hate" Regina questioned with a snap, causing the blonde to look at her.

"Well that's your fault, not mine! I chose you and I would always choose you but you refused to picked me! I confessed my love to you and you picked him! Don't you dare complain to me about your pain, don't you dare tell me you lost me, DON'T YOU DARE TAKE YOUR ANGER OUT ON ME! I'm the only one who's allowed to be angry!" Emma snapped in so much anger, slamming the classroom door shut.

"No, you don't get to be angry! You knew this day would come, you knew there was no future! Stop saying I had a chose, I didn't! You know if I had a choice, I'd choose you... Emma, I'm crazy about you" Regina said, starting off angry but soon growing softer.

"You do have a choice! He is an abusive man who has left bruises and scars all over your body, go to the fucking police!"

"Me? What about you? You get raped every day at work"

"That's different!" Emma cut in with anger, her whole body showing her pain and anger. "You know what, thank you. I now know that I don't want to be with someone like you... goodbye" Emma said in a stern but soft voice, turning to leave the room.

Regina watched as she left, her breath caught in her throat. She began to tear up, her body shaking from the pain she felt. She went to her office and closed the door behind her, crying out loud at the pain she was feeling. She began punching at her door, sobbing and hitting to get rid of her pain. Regina soon gave up as she collapsed against the door, barely able to keep herself up. As she pushed off it, she stumbled away before keeping her balance.

"Fuck me" Regina sighed to herself, trying to compose herself a bit more.

"And another thing is" Emma snapped as she stormed into the office, using her anger to stop her from crying.

Regina looked up at her with the saddest face she had let anyone see on her. That looked caused Emma to break, finally letting herself cry. The pair walked towards each other, pulling the other woman into their arms. It hurt both women to be doing this but it also comforted them. As they went to pull away, they leaned back in and crashed their lips together. The kissed deepened as the pair held each other closer, so much passion rushing through the kiss. Their faces so close it was hard to tell who's tears were who's. The bell then went, causing them to quickly pull away and move back.

"Fuck"

"Fuck"

"You should" Regina said with a shaky voice, her hands gesturing towards the door.

"Yep, I'm gone" Emma finished, turning to leave the room quickly.

As the door closed, Regina looked down in shock. Her thumb reached up to brush her lip, haunted by Emma's feeling. She went to the mirror to see her mascara had stained tears down her face, causing her foundation to wipe away where the tears were. Regina took a makeup wipe out her purse, scrubbing at her face to remove all the makeup. She was never at work without makeup, no student but Emma saw her without it. Regina looked in the mirror to see herself without makeup, soon becoming more insecure about her bruised jaw and scarred lip.

"God, fucking dammit, Howard"