28

The next day came, it was Emma and Katie's birthday. The blonde woke up, stretched her arms and yawned loudly. She rubbed her eyes as she climbed out of bed, not even caring it was her birthday. She never had cared and never would care for her birthday. She grabbed her phone and left the room, heading down to the kitchen. As she walked in she saw Regina sat at the table with her children, Katie opening presents. They all looks happy and smiling, giggling together. Regina looked up and noticed Emma, smiling even more at her.

"Katie, I have another surprise for you" Regina said to her daughter, gesturing towards the blonde woman.

"Hey, kid" Emma said, smiling as she got the young girls attention.

"EMMA!" Katie excitedly cheered, leaping from her seat and running towards her. Emma captured the young girl in her arms as she bent down, soon being hugged by Evie and Drake. "I missed you"

"Me too" Drake added, squeezing the older woman tight.

"Me three" Evie said, snuggling more into the blondes shoulder.

"I missed you guys so much" Emma said, smiling happily as she held the three children close. Regina smiled so happily to see the scene in front play out. Emma pulled away from the children to look at them, giving them all a cheesy smile. "Happy birthday, Katie"

"Thank you!"

"Katie, it's Emma's birthday today too" Regina said with a smile, standing up from her seat to walk to them.

"We have the same birthday! That's so cool! Happy birthday" Katie excitedly said, amazed by the pair sharing a birthday.

"Thanks, kid" Emma replied, knowing she's rarely ever told that. Katie slipped away to go back to the table, ripping more presents open. Evie ran back over but Drake stayed hugging Emma. "How you been, little dude"

"Good, how have you been" Drake said with a smile, pulling out her arms to see her better.

"I've been alright" Emma replied with a chuckle, ruffling the boys hair with a smile.

"Who wants breakfast" Regina asked, walking towards the fridge.

"Me" all three kids shouted, growing excited to the special birthday breakfast.

"Emma?" Regina questioned, looking over at the blonde with a smirk.

"Yeah, thanks" Emma replied, smiling sweetly at the woman she adored.

Howard then walked into the room, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He was woken up by the sound of the family talking. The man walked over to his youngest daughter and picked her up, holding the girl close.

"Happy birthday, my little princess" he said with a smile, kissing her cheek softly.

"Thank you, daddy" Katie replied, smiling brightly as she hugged the man.

The front door then knocked, causing Regina to freeze in her position. She knew her parents were there, she just wasn't prepared yet. Regina placed her knife on the chopping board and wiped her hands against her apron.

"I'll get that" Regina said in a nervous voice, walking towards the kitchen door. Emma noticed her nervousness, watching her curiously. Regina went to the door, took a few deep breaths and pulled the door open. Stood there was a short American woman and a tall Puerto Rican man, both holding harsh and cold stares. "Mother, father"

"Regina, darling, what are you wearing? You're dressed like a school teacher wearing an apron" Angelina questioned with a shocked look, her eyes running up and down her daughters body.