25

Regina and Emma were currently sat in the waiting room, awaiting Emma's results. Regina was busy texting on her phone, solving one crisis after another. She glanced across at Emma, seeing her staring at the floor with fear in her eyes.

"It's going to be ok" Regina softly said, placing her phone in her lap and giving her a small smile.

"I don't even know the father, it could be anyone. The only way I'd know is if it came out with a distinct feature like my bosses huge nose" Emma said with a fearful look, glancing up at her. "Oh my god, what if my baby has his huge nose" Emma asked in shock, her face growing scared of having an ugly baby.

"Em, calm down. It's your baby, it will be beautiful" Regina softly replied, giving her a reassuring smile as she rubbed her shoulder.

"It doesn't matter, I don't want it. I've decided if I'm pregnant, I'm getting rid of it. I've never wanted children and I will never want children. I've made up my mind... And there's no changing it" Emma said, looking back down at the ground in fear.

"If that's your choice, I won't talk you out of it" Regina softly said with a reassuring smile, rubbing the side of the blondes shoulder.

"Emma Swan" a nurse called out from the door, looking around at everyone.

"Can you wait here, I'd rather be alone" Emma softly asked, standing up and looking at the brunette.

"Of course, good luck" Regina replied with a small smile, watching as the blonde walked away.

Emma followed the nurse to a room and sat on the bed. Her thumbs started to twirl as her nerves began to pick up. A woman walked in, looked at the blonde and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Dr Dawson. I have your test results on my computer" she said with a smile, sitting down at her desk to log in. Emma just looked at the ground scared, not sure what to do or say at that point. "Alright, here we go. Oh, I'm so sorry. You're not pregnant, it must have been a false positive" Dr Dawson said with soft tone, looking at the blonde a little upset.

"Oh thank god" Emma sighed in relief, her whole body relaxing finally.

"I take it you didn't want the baby" Dr Dawson asked with a nervous chuckle to the blonde.

"I'm a 19 year old lesbian who's still in school and works in a dodgy bar, I definitely didn't want the baby" Emma replied, laughing a little as she finally smiled in relief.

"Well, we are all done here. Here is some information on protective sex and different birth controls to use" Dr Dawson said, turning in her chair to grab the flier. As she looked at her screen, she saw a second email regarding Emma. "One second, I've had an update"

"Oh god, please tell me I'm still not pregnant" Emma asked in a worried tone, standing up from the table in fear.

"You're not... Miss Swan, I'm afraid you don't have any eggs to be fertilised and your uterus is unable to hold a baby" Dr Dawson said, reading off the computer in a soft tone.

"What does that mean"

"In simplest terms, you can never get pregnant"

Emma's mouth dropped, unable to come up with words. Her whole life she had been against having children, she didn't understand why those words upset her. The fact she could, maybe one day, want a child and now that option is gone, she feels broken.

"I can't? That's fine, I never wanted children anyway" Emma replied still in shock, trying to shake off all her feelings.

"Is there someone you can talk to about this, it's a hard thing for someone to process" Dr Dawson asked, her sad face showing the empathy she felt.