20

A month later, it was Halloween tomorrow and everyone was still in school. Regina was stood at the front teaching her class, writing across the board.

"You are to write an essay on this extract in front of you, you have the whole lesson" Regina said with her teacher voice as she handed out the assignment.

"Mrs Mills, how many paragraphs do we write" a student asked, his hand in the air as he looked cross at the teacher.

"4 is the minimum but aim for more, don't just do the bare minimum because I know exactly what you are capable" Regina replied, scanning her eyes around the class so they all knew. Emma walked into the classroom, a large smirk across her face. "Sit down, Miss Swan, you're late again"

"I would say I'm sorry but I'm really not" Emma said, smirking as she strut to her desk.

"What's with the smirk, Swan? Finally get laid" a guy asked with a laugh, causing the rest of the class to join.

"I don't mean to brag but I've slept with more people that your little brain can count, just made number 11" Emma bragged with a smirk, dropping down into her seat.

"That's not bragging, Miss Swan, that's just admitting you have no standards" Regina said with a stern voice, not helping the slight jealousy she felt.

"No standards? You're one to talk, number 10" Emma replied with a smirk, giving the teacher a wink.

"I think that's a new record for you to get a detention in my class, 2 whole minutes. Now you may all start your essay. Anyone who talks will leave, anyone who doesn't write will stay, I want this complete" Regina said in the sternest tone the class had heard.

They all began as Regina went to her desk, sitting down in annoyance. She wasn't happy that Emma said that, she knew the class took it as a joke but it still worried her. She looked up at the blonde, seeing her smirking at her. Regina rolled her eyes and got back to her work, trying hard not to look up at her. Emma was bored in class and wanted out so she leaned across to the student next to her.

"Oi, kid" Emma said, getting the attention of the nerdy boy next to her.

"Miss Swan, my office now" Regina demands, snapping her head up with an angry look.

"No, you said if we talk, we get out" Emma replied a little confused, grabbing her bag to stand up.

"I'm not stupid, Swan. Get in the my office" Regina said with a stern voice, standing up to open her office door. Emma sighed as she went in, followed by the annoyed brunette. Regina closed the door, still glaring at the blonde. "What is wrong with you today"

"Is somebody jealous" Emma asked with a smirk, slouching down onto the sofa.

"Oh, please. I'm serious, Emma. Trying to get out of class, making comments about sleeping with people and me for that matter, this is not expectable" Regina sternly said, still annoyed at the blondes behaviour.

"Come on, I'm just having fun. You must be use to me being like this" Emma said with a laugh, lying down on the sofa like she was at home.

"No, you haven't been that bad in awhile. What happened" Regina asked with a concerned look, frowning in annoyance at the blonde.

"I am in a good mood for once and I don't want to talk about it. I got to go, I'll see you later for detention" Emma replied, chuckling as she stood up and walked to the door.

"No, Miss Swan, you're not just leaving" Regina sternly said, standing in the way for her to leave.

Emma bit her lip as she moved a few strands of brunette hair behind Regina's ear. She leaned down and kissed her teacher softly, shocking her instantly. As Emma pulled away, she simply winked at the teacher and slipped out the door, knowing the teacher is stood in a trance.

"Bye, Mills, see you later" Emma called out with a smirk, quickly leaving the classroom.

Regina frowned in annoyance as she realised what just happened, turning round to follow out the office. She looked to see Emma had left and closed the door, causing Regina to grow more angry. She was fuming at the blonde and, boy oh boy, would Emma find out about it. The end of the lesson soon came and due to it being Friday, it was last lesson for her.

"Mrs Mills" Jake said, walking into the class while everyone was leaving.

"Yes, Mr?" Regina questioned, unsure of who this boy was.

"I'm Jake, Emma's mate. She sent me to tell you that she isn't coming to detention, she had to go" Jake replied with a chuckle, leaning against the door frame.

"What? Did she say why" Regina asked, growing more and more annoyed at the blonde now.

"No, I didn't ask. See you later, Mills" Jake replied, shrugging as he turned to leave the class.

Regina was raging, so angry at Emma for doing this. She grabbed her phone and got Emma's number up, texting her.

Regina: SWAN! WHAT THE FUCK? GET TO MY CLASS NOW!

Regina's blood boiled as she sent the message, never had Emma made her this angry. After about a minute or two the blonde messaged back, reluctantly.

Emma: I can't, I have to go

Regina stood up and went to the window, seeing the blonde trying to fix her wheel on the motorbike. She grabbed her phone and quickly made her way out the class, speeding to get downstairs. Once down, she left the building to see Emma standing up from fixing the bike.

"SWAN" Regina screamed, her anger growing more and more inside her.

"Shit" Emma mumbled, knowing she almost got away with it. Regina stormed over to her, Emma turned to see her glaring in anger. "Can we do this Monday, I have to go"

"No, Miss Swan! How dare you think that is ok? First you kiss me to leave then you don't show up for detention, what the hell" Regina snapped, showing the blonde just how angry she was.

"I have to go, I done what I needed to and came back but I still have something to do so detention will have to be missed today. I'm sorry... Regina, goodbye" Emma simply said, her face showing no expression as she climbed onto her bike.

Before Regina could speak, Emma rode off into the distance. The teacher stood in confusion, knowing that wasn't normal. Regina went over to her car and got in, starting it up as she headed towards Emma's house. She was worried about the blonde, unsure of what to expect. Regina was stuck in traffic for half an hour, annoyed she was stuck in it. As Regina arrived at Emma's house, she grew worried that she wasn't there. Regina went to the door just as someone was coming out.

"Who you looking for" the guy asked, looking at the woman in confusion.

"Emma Swan, I know she lives here" Regina replied, unsure why this stranger was asking.

"Yeah she does, not for long if she doesn't pay her rent. Mike, landlord of the building. Emma is up in her apartment" he said with an annoyed face, knowing the blonde is very far behind.

"Here, I'll write you a check for the rest of the month for her" Regina said, taking a check book from her bag and a pen. Regina wrote out the check with the price given from the man, handing it straight to him. "There you go, can I go up now"

"Sure, doll face" Mike replied, holding the door open with a happy smile.

Regina smiled awkwardly as she stepped into the building, heading upstairs to the 3rd floor. She went down the hall and to Emma's door, knocking on it. No answer. Regina sighed and knocked again, louder this time. No answer.

"Swan, open up" Regina demands, banging on the door in annoyance.

"Hunny, there's a key under the mat" an old lady said from her door, annoyed by the knocking.

"Thank you" Regina replied with a smile, bending down to get the key. She used it to unlock the door and walk in, seeing the lounge was empty. "Swan" Regina called out, confused where she was. She closed the door and walked into the apartment, looking around to find her. She check the bedroom, no Emma. She went to the bathroom, seeing the door was closed and light was on. "Swan, I'm coming in" Regina said, opening the door quickly. She saw Emma was passed out on the floor, empty packets of pills beside her. "Oh my god, Emma!"