12

A week has passed, no sight of Emma in school that whole week. Regina has been worried about her and worried she was the reason. Today was Saturday and she was taking her children out for ice cream.

"Evie, come on" Regina said, standing in the doorway with Katie and Drake holding her hands.

"I'm in here" Evie replied from the lounge, still putting her shoes on.

"I know, sweetie, that's why I said come on. We have to go if you want ice cream" Regina hurried with a laugh, trying to see through the lounge door.

"Can we go to the park" Katie asked, looking at her mother with excitement.

"Of course you can, we have to make a quick stop first" Regina replied with a smile, stroking the top of her youngest child's head.

"Where" Drake asked with a curious face, reminding the brunette of his father.

"I have to check in and see if someone is ok before we go" Regina replied softly, switching her gaze to her only son.

"I'm ready" Evie said, jumping up and down as she made her way to her mother.

"Right, let's go before one of you gets distracted again" Regina said with a laugh, opening the front door for her children.

They all ran to the car and waited eagerly, wanting their ice cream badly. Regina took her children out for ice cream when she wanted to treat them or make up for something that happened. In this case, Howard was suppose to take them out and have a good day with them. Like usual, the man bailed and left Regina to tell them. She unlocked her car and opened the door, allowing the older two to get in. She then lifted Katie up and strapped her into the car seat behind the passenger door.

"You look pretty today, mummy" Katie said with a smile, knowing she hasn't seen her mother without makeup in a long time.

"Thank you, sweetie. You always look so pretty" Regina said, smiling sweetly as she held her daughter's face with her hand. Regina nuzzled her nose against her daughter's, causing her to giggle and look away. Regina laughed, placing a soft kiss against Katie's lips. "I love you, my little princess"

"I love you too, mummy" Katie replied, a happy smile across her beautiful face.

Regina watched as her other two strapped in and got comfortable. She reached across and placed her hand on her sons face, then looked at her other daughter in the middle.

"And I love you two just as much" Regina added with a smile, knowing she can't reach to kiss them.

"We love you too, mum" Drake said with a chuckle, resting his head a little in his mother's hand.

"I'm so sorry that your dad isn't with you today, he wanted to be" Regina lied, knowing the man hasn't wanted to spend time with them in years.

"It's ok" Evie replied with a smile, by now she was use to this stuff.

Regina smiled at all her children, showing just how much she truly loved them. Since she was a child, Regina struggled with loving people and trust people. Her love for her children was stronger than she ever knew possible and they come first before anything else in her life. Regina stood up straight and closed the car door, moving to get into the driver's seat. She started the car up and began driving.

"How far away is that person" Drake asked, sighing as he desperately wants ice cream now.

"Not too far, be patient, my darling" Regina replied with a chuckle, knowing he is growing restless.

"What's their name" Evie asked, trying to sit forward to see her mother.

"Sit back, you don't want to hurt yourself" Regina sternly warned, knowing she tells her children that all the time. Evie huffed as she rested back, crossing her arms in a mini sulk. "Her name is Emma"