5

The end of the day came, Emma was wondering down the hall to detention. This time is wasn't done on purpose, she could barely breath at the moment because of reasons involving the boot print. As she walked as quick as she could, she clenched her chest in agony and pain. Emma got to Regina's door but just leaned against the wall to regain her breath. The brunette teacher was sat in her classroom waiting, knowing the blonde was taking her time. She went to the door and opened it, startled by her being there.

"Jeez, Swan. You scared the hell out of me" Regina sighed, holding her chest to calm her heart back down. She noticed Emma catching her breath and holding her chest, confused by her action. "Are you ok"

"Yeah, umm... You scared me too" Emma replied in a tone that made her lie even more obvious.

"Right, well come on in then" Regina said, stepping out the way for the blonde. Emma sighed in exhaustion as she lifted herself off the wall, walking towards the door. She slowly went to the desk, causing Regina to grow more curious of the woman. "Is this because of that footprint of your chest this morning"

"Doesn't matter" Emma tiredly replied, just exhausted from the whole day that was no where near done.

Regina examined the blonde, knowing she was right. She went into her office, causing Emma let out a large sigh. The blonde kicked her feet up on the desk and stretched herself out a little more to help breath. As Regina returned, she was carrying two mugs with steam coming from them. She placed one in front of the blonde, confusing her even more.

"It's hot chocolate, helps with a sore chest" Regina informed, returning to her desk with her coffee.

"Thank you" Emma softly said, giving a small smile she was reluctant about.

"So, I can give you a choice. You either do the work or tell me what happened" Regina said, resting in her elbows on her desk to hold herself up.

"Why do you want to know" Emma sighed in exhaustion at the brunette, lifting her hot chocolate off the table.

"Because I'm concerned about you, Emma. As much of a dick that you are, it's concerning to see you like that" Regina admits her response, knowing she is worried for the blonde.

"I work with assholes, men that think woman are submissive to them. They hate I'm gay and keep trying to kiss me and turn me straight and all that shit" Emma huffed in annoyance, not wanting to tell the teacher.

"Where do you work" Regina asked with concern, stilling up more in her seat.

"A sketchy bar down town" Emma replied with a sigh, knowing a woman like Regina wouldn't know it.

"Emma, this is not ok. Who done this to you" the brunette asked, her face showing she truly cared.

"My boss, I'm use to it, ok? They always try turning me straight and when it doesn't work they do something to belittle me as the woman I am" Emma angrily replied, using a quote the men always use.

"Why do you work there, Emma? This is wrong" Regina questioned, shocked that this is happening to the blonde.

"I've been held back two years, I need a job that pays me enough to live. My turn to ask questions, why do you hate your husband" Emma asked, knowing a personal question will shut the brunette up.

"Who said I hate him" Regina asked curiously, unsure how the blonde knows this.

"It's obvious, you grunt every time someone brings up about you being married or your husband. Why do you hate him" Emma asked as she sat forward more, taking a mouthful of her hot chocolate as she did.

"My personal life is not up for discussion"

"Oh but mine is"

"That's different, I asked why you came into my class looking beaten up but your asking about my troubled marriage. Think about your question before you ask it" Regina defensively replied, annoyed the blonde knows too much.

"You asked a question because you were concerned but when I do it, it's wrong" Emma asked in an annoyed tone, frowning hard at the brunette.

"Miss Swan, my marriage is out of discussion" Regina sternly said, glaring at the blonde to show she meant it. Emma grew annoyed at the way Regina just acted, knowing it's a defence mechanism. The blonde stood up, hit her mug on the floor and grabbed her bag on the way out. "Emma Swan, get back here right now!"

"Or what? What the fuck could you do, huh?" Emma snapped in response, spinning round on her heels to see the teacher.

"I'm your teacher, don't talk to me like that. I'm trying to help you"

"Help me? You hate me and I hate you so fuck off out of my business" Emma cut in, anger boiling her blood as she knew the teacher was being nosy.

"I don't hate you, Emma. You are just an immature child" Regina replied with a sigh, looking half annoyed, half angry at the blonde girl.

"I'm not a child" Emma snapped, grabbing the brunettes hand to get her point across. Regina jolted her hand back and held it with the other, fear locked in her eyes. Emma noticed the scared look, growing concerned for the woman. "Are you ok"

"I'm fine just don't touch me" Regina quickly replied, shaking off the fear in her and looking at the blonde.

"You have a fear of being touched, don't you" Emma softly questioned, seeing the pain in the teachers eyes. Regina just looked at her, a little surprised she figured that out. Emma reached out, slowly, towards Regina's face. As she brushed her finger on her cheek, the brunette moved her face away. "I won't hurt you"

Regina's lip trembled as she heard the words, scared about the touch. Emma softly placed her hand against the teachers face, gently brushing her thumb across the cheek. Regina hadn't felt a touch so soft in many years, she had only felt pain. She rested her head ever so slightly on Emma's hand, her glassy eyes trying to hold her fear in. As the blonde thumb accidentally brushed Regina's lip, she whipped her head away.

"What are you doing? I said don't touch me. Just get out!" Regina quickly snapped, her fear once again consuming her.

"Regina, I-"

"That is Mrs Mills to you! Get out!"

"Fine, fuck you" Emma huffed, glaring hard at the woman before turning to leave.

As the door slammed shut, Regina let out a large breath of relief and fear. The only people who had touched her were her kids and Howard, though he was the reason for her fear. Regina stood shaking in terror, remembering all the reason that made her so scared. Meanwhile, Emma stormed down the hall, furious about that whole detention. She hated that she told Regina that and then she just snapped at her, it wasn't fair.

"Swan, why are you in the halls? Your either very late or stormed out early" principal Anderson said with a sigh At the blonde, approaching her.

"Of course you're here right now, you are always around" Emma snapped with a growl, barging past the principal.

"Emma, get back to detention now" Carl sternly said, jumping back in front of the blonde girl.

"She kicked me out" Emma replied with a sigh, finally stopping because she couldn't get through.

"Mrs Mills kicked you out? I find that hard to believe, what did you do" Carl asked with an eye roll, knowing what the girl is like.

Emma looked annoyed that he assumed it was her, this time it wasn't. She pushed past him and carried on walking away, quickly going down the stairs. Carl looked confused why the girl just left, they were talking. Emma left the building and went over to her motorbike, quickly hopping on and riding away. Today was a really bad day for Emma and not a single person helped make it better, now it's about to be made even worse as she arrived at her parents house.