14

"So, what happened"

Emma looked at her ice cream, trying to forget the sexual tension felt between them. She wasn't sure how much to tell, knowing her story doesn't end happily. As she glanced up, she saw the care in the woman's eyes and knew she could trust her. Just before she spoke, she remembered how Regina snapped at her after that kiss.

"Last week you got angry at me after I spoke to you" Emma said, still a little annoyed from a week ago.

"I wasn't angry, I was annoyed because you kissed me" Regina replied, chuckling a little as she licked her ice cream.

"You actually kissed me but I'm not complaining" Emma said with a smirk, watching the brunette lick the cream from her lip.

"No, Miss Swan, I didn't but that isn't the conversation we are having. Just please tell me what happened, you know you can talk to me" Regina softly said, wanting to get off the kiss topic quickly.

"Fine. The guys at work were laughing and passing me around the group, all trying to kiss me and fuck me. I got annoyed and pushed one away, causing him to hit his back against the bar. They got pissed, through me against the wall and beat the shit out of me" Emma explained, remembering her horrid night she worked.

"Emma, this job sounds awful. You shouldn't be working there and should report these people" Regina said, still shocked that a work place is like this.

"Look at me, I couldn't even afford ice cream today. I've worked there since I was 15, I'm use to it by now. That's my life, it's nothing good" Emma simply said, taking a bite from her cone.

"You should try looking for something different. What did you want to be when you were younger" Regina asked, knowing it couldn't have been this.

"A sheriff but my dad told me that no one listens to women, gays and blacks. Being two of them, I don't think sheriff is a choice for me" Emma replied with a sigh, hating how her father made her think.

"I'm a women, bisexual and Latino but I have a lot of authority over people. You can be whoever you want, being gay and female doesn't change that" Regina said softly, smiling sweetly as she looked into the green eyes.

"Maybe, I don't know" Emma shrugged, unsure what to believe about her life. Regina threw the last half of her cone into the bin, licking the ice cream off her finger. Emma watched her with a smirk, very turned on by the woman. Regina turned back to face her, chuckling a little confused at what she was looking at. "Anyway, I think it's only fair that you talk to me about your problems"

"My problems are just me thinking that marrying someone I barely knew was a good idea" Regina said with a laugh, resting back against the bench and looking over to see her children playing.

"How did you meet" Emma asked, knowing someone like Regina thinks a lot before doing something.

"When I was 19 at a college party, very drunk obviously. A month later, I woke up vomitting with morning sickness. I told him, we started dating and got married after Drake was born. 8 years later, he's got his head between his assistants legs while I look after our children. I didn't even know him for a year before I married him" Regina explained with a sigh, knowing her life is far from what she expected.

"Why don't you just divorce" Emma asked, unsure why the brunette would stay in that life.

"My children adore the man and love seeing him, even if he's not around that much. If I divorced him, they'd never see him" Regina replied, looking into the park at her children playing.

"So you let him cheat and hit you so your children can have him around? You're clearly a good mother" Emma said with a fake smile, knowing her parents wouldn't do anything for her.

"I love them more than anything, I'd never take him away from them. I use to see my dad every other Sunday if he wasn't busy, I know what it's like and I wouldn't do that to them" Regina said with a smile towards her children, hiding how much pain it caused her.

"My parents never put me first, they don't even remember I exist" Emma said with a laugh, knowing that's how she deal with her problems.

"Well, we can laugh about our problems together" Regina said with a chuckle as she looked at the blonde exhaustedly.

Regina rested back against the bench as she brushed her hand over Emma's, thinking about how bad her life is. Emma looked at the teacher as her arm was touched, knowing it was a subconscious touch that felt gentle. She leaned back against the bench and let out a large sigh, exhausted from her life. Regina moved a little closer, rested her head against Emma's shoulder and let out a content sigh.

"Why are you nice to me? I mean, you're the Evil Queen of the school. You're not nice to the students you like, let alone me" Emma asked, looking at the teacher who was close to her.

"I dislike you as a student, you misbehave and arrive late all the time. As a person, we understand each other and you're not that bad" Regina replied with a chuckle, nudging the blondes arm a little. Emma laughed and rolled her eyes, resting her head against the brunettes. "I think we judged each other souly based on our reputations"

"Yeah, I was half right though"

"How"

"I was told you were hot" Emma replied with a small chuckle, looking down at the woman on her shoulder.

Regina chuckled as she shook her head, knowing that was actually how she was described at school. She looked up to see the blonde staring at her, green eyes flicking between her own and her lips. That heated tension between then came back even strong, making the girls fight to stay apart. Regina took a deep breath and sat up, knowing she can't be thinking the way she was.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about, your parents or something" Regina asked, trying to find something else to talk about.

"Fuck them" Emma replied with a laugh, shaking her head at the back topic change.

Regina laughed as she knew she hated talking about her parents. Her phone then began ringing, she sighed as she saw her husband's name. Regina rested back against the bench and answered the phone, placing it to her ear.

"Hey, Howie" Regina answered with a sigh, knowing she didn't want to talk to him.

"Hey, I don't think I'll make it for dinner today" Howard said in a distracted voice, taking in a puff of smoke from his cigarette.

"Don't you dare miss this, Howard. You were suppose to be there for the kids today, I promised you would be there for dinner. You can't keep bailing on them" Regina angrily said, using her strict voice to warn him.

"Don't snap at me, I can't help if I can't make it" Howard huffed, sitting up in the bed he was just led in.

"Howard, please don't do this to them and me, I haven't seen you properly for about 2 weeks now" Regina said in a begging tone, hating she has to beg to see him. Howard sighed in exhaustion, slouching down into the bed as he thought about what to say. Regina glanced round at Emma quickly before turning away to speak again. "I'll do that thing for you"

"What thing" Howard asked, finally intrigued in what she was saying.

"Howie, baby, get off the phone" a girl said in the background, easily heard by the brunette wife.

"One sec, I'm talking to my friend" Howard replied with his hand over the speaker, still easily heard. "What thing, Reg"

"The Regina special" the brunette whispered, trying to not let the blonde student hear her.

"I'll be home at 5" Howard said with a smirk, taking another puff of his cigarette.

"Great, tell your assistant I said hi" Regina said in a, badly hidden, angry tone.

"That's not my assistant, that's Katie from-"

"I don't want to know who it is! God dammit, Howard" Regina snapped, hanging up the call in annoyance at the man.