Why is there a giant squid in the lake???

Hugo pulled me along the gravel path that lead to the lake because i was still unsure about leaving my older brothers, but they had done this trip and so must I. As we stood on the edge of the lake with a girl i knew to be a muggle born but I didn't know her name, we were the last people to get onto the enchanted boats.
"hi" said Eliza meekly
"hello, i'm Hugo and this is my cousin lily, what's your name?" said Hugo politely and with a lot of confidence and noticing I was still nervous he squeezed my hand as she replied,
"Eliza Bennet, you are Hugo Weasley and Lily Potter, right?"
"yes" Hugo said
"come along now you three" Hagrid said, then noticing me and Hugo he added "alright, Hugo, Lily?"
"yes thanks Hagrid" I said feeling more confident
"good and remind your siblings to come for tea on Friday"
"ok" Hugo and I replied in unison
"can Eliza come?" i asked putting my arm around her, she smiled at me.
"sure" said Hagrid as cheerful as usual "lets get on the boats now" he added, so Hugo, Eliza and me got on our boat and Hagrid got on his and as soon as everyone was seated the boats they all set off with Hagrid at the front. Me and Hugo waved at the lake, the giant squid waved back.
"what was that?" Eliza squealed in shock.
"the giant squid"Hugo replied calmly.
"oh"Eliza still looked shocked "how did a giant squid get in the lake?" she asked, Hagrid looked uncomfortable at this point,
"no~one knows" I said "but I think Hagrid knows"
"why would you think that?" Hagrid said
"nearly every one who's ever been to Hogwarts knows you love animals, especially big, dangerous ones and we all saw you look uncomfortable when Eliza asked why there was a giant squid in the lake" said Hugo in 'a matter of fact' tone,
"oh.......right"Hagrid says
"come on Hagrid please tell us please" I begged
"fine, but don't you go telling everyone, not even James, Albus or Rose" Hagrid said "I suppose I owe it to you Lily and Hugo your parents helped me more than once and Lily trusts you Eliza so I can" he added
"we promise" we chorused cheerfully
"the year after I became gamekeeper here the great Albus Dumbledore (your brother was named after him, Lily) sent me to look at some muggle animals at a zoo, i think it's called' anyway I took the knight bus to one in Scotland it was a very nice place (these muggles have some very weird ideas) I saw many different creatures but the one that caught my eye was the giant squid.
At the time Edmund was only small about 6 foot (not 20 foot like he is now) then I overheard that the giant squid was going to be put down due to some official reason, i was truly devastated by the news and got Edmund out and into the school lake as quickly as possible and to make him better I used magic to make him better. what I later realised was that there was a older giant squid at the muggle zoo and they weren't talking about Edmund. That is why there is a non~magical squid in the lake, ok?"
"you stole a muggle squid" I said at the same time that Hugo asked
"you called it Edmund?"
"wow" said Eliza and she was right coming around the corner we saw a castle full of magic, mystery and the annoying but fun pouliterist peeves. this was Hogwarts after the Great War caused by the worst sides of one of the old students that went power hungry. It survived the Great War where everyone knew someone who died in it, my family know a lot of people who died most were close, too many people, way too many.
As we moved closer to the castle we could see more and more details on the building. In the windows of the great hall you could see the shadows of all the teachers and students (except those of us in the boats) sat down waiting for us to arrive and be sorted into our houses. I hope I am going to be in gryffindor, my whole family have all been in there so I guess Hugo feels the same.
We all step off the boats and walk through the front doors leading to our new school and our second home as most of us will come to call it in a few weeks.
You could hear gasps come from all the first years as we finally experience the wonders of Hogwarts, that all pure or half bloods have dreamed of their whole lives and that muggle borns never knew existed until a few weeks ago.
Then silence comes as we stand before the headmistress, Professor McGonagall.