Slytherin

as professer McGonagall was welcoming us and explaining the house system (which Hugo and I already know beacuse Teddy Lupin and our other cousins and siblings had told us) I became more and more nervous and the sorting ceremony became closer and closer. James and Albus had explained it (it was simple enough) to me, they put the sorting hat on each of the first years one by one and it looks inside our heads and chooses one of the houses that is the best suited to us. It had never seemed bad before but now it was, now it seemed daunting.
"follow me" said professer McGonagall as she pushed open the doors that lead to the great hall.
I took a deep breath and walked into the hall still holding Hugo's hand. You could hear the gasps from all the first years even those brought up in the wizarding world were impressed (and i'm guessing nervous especially if you are a pure-blood and your family is all in one house, like me and Hugo). I wanted to look for my brothers but I didn't, i kept looking forward (just like Teddy told me to) and carried on walking towards the sorting hat. The room became silent as we stopped walking and thats when the hat started singing, I'd been told about these amazing songs but I felt ill with nerves so I couldn't listen, I didn't know it was over until the hall burst into applause. It lapsed into silence again as Professor McGonagall started calling out names and I became more nervous (luckily Eliza was put into Gryffindor so I had more chance of being with her, maybe, hopefully). "Slytherin" the hat called out for a young girl called Abigail Armstrong. The word echoed in my mind along with many 'what if's' that all end with me being in Slytherin. If I was in that house I would...ok, I don't know what I would do but It wouldn't be cheerful, although...
"Potter, Lily" said Professor McGonagall interrupting my thought. Hugo pushed me forward so I went and sat down on the small stool. I saw my brothers and cousins smiling at me from the Gryffindor table, James, Albus and Rose included, my eyes also drifted to Scorpius where I saw his darkly beautiful complexion before our eye sight connected and the hat went over my eyes.
"ahhhh....another Potter but this one has hair like a Weasley" the hat said in it's singsong voice that managed to swim round your head "Slytherin would be a... possibility for you" he seemed to sneer at me as I griped the stool tightly, my knuckles turning white "but you belong to only one house unlike your father" he said and my heart was racing "GRYFFINDOR" he shouted out the the school and I beamed, I took off the hat and raced over to my brothers and cousins where I was hugged by them all. I watched the rest of the ceremony happily but with a slight sadness. Why sadness, i wondered confused at my emotions, Because I didn't make Slytherin? no it couldn't be. All I wanted was to be in gryffindor. I looked across to the Slytherin table and Scorpius smiled up at me. I quickly looked away, oh..........
Some part of me wanted to be with him, but not to worry it will just be a stupid first crush I told myself it had to be even though I didn't believe that really.
"GRYFFINDOR" cried the hat. Hugo had just been sorted and once again all our family there jumped up to hug him including me. As soon as the ceremony was over there was a quiet chatter that spread around the hall for a few moments before silence
Professer McGonagall stepped up to the owl podium and said in a clear voice that rang round the great hall
"Let us sing our school song" and so we did
"Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Worty Hogwarts
Teach us something please
weather we be old and bald
or young with scabby knees
Our heads could do with filling
with some interesting stuff
for now there bear and full
of air dead flies and bits of fluff
So teach us things worth knowing
bring back what we forgot
just do your best we'll do the rest
and learn untill our brains all rot" we all finished at different times because it's the tradition that we make up our own tunes for the lyrics. Finishing last is Fred Weasley (another one of my cousins) James says this is normal and it's his way of saying goodbye to the original Fred Weasley (one of my uncles and Fred's dad's twin who died in the Great War) because he along with George Weasley (Fred's dad and the original Fred's twin) sang it as a funeral march so my cousin does the same.
"We will now have the start of term feast" the headmistress says clapping her hands twice so the food arrives on the tables and the hall erupts in chatter,
"Now our whole family has been in Gryffindor" James said proudly as he put chicken legs onto his plate "want some?" He asked me,
"Okay" I said, so he put a couple onto my plate along with some other stuff. "I wish Teddy was here" I added
"He left school when me & Rose came, you are 2 years younger, he can't be here" Albus stated kindly,
"I know but I still wish he was here, I use to see him loads" I whined,
"We know Lily"Albus said
"He's like our brother too, good old Teddy Lupin"James said
"Yeah I know but I still miss him" I whined (again)
"Come on Lily eat up" James said in the big brotherly tone.
So I did, sort of. I drank some of my pumpkin juice and picked at my food.
"Well done" said a bright voice behind me, Rose.
"Thanks" I said as we hugged.
"Yeah Lily well done" Hugo said
"You too" I replied as he joined the hug
"Come on lil eat something" James said I broke away from the hug and whispered
"Don't call me 'lil' James you know I hate it" then I walked out of the hall, felling everyone's eyes on me and I had no idea where to go.

"Congrats Lily"said a deep voice that was familiar, Scorpius.
"Oh......Thanks" I managed to say
"Do you know where to go?"he asked politely
"Errrr no" I admitted, he chuckled ( it sounded like velvet) and then added
"Come on, I'll show you", he looked smug, very. He walked off towards the stairs so I followed him.
"NO" said a very angry voice behind us, even though it was James I had never heard this tone before "Al take Lily to the common room and STAY with her" he told Albus then he said to me "I'll talk to you later" before turning his attention to my lovely Scorpius (did I just call him that, nooooo I can't have) as Albus dragged me off. "How DARE you, you FILTHY Malfoy" James
"I was HELPING her after YOU upset her, she was LOST if you hadn't notice" Scorpius
Was all I heard before Albus dragged me out of ears shot.