Chapter 5

Meridian POV
I feel my chest rumble contentedly  as Malachi pulls me against his chest, and immediately tell my wolf to chill out. The last thing I want to do is freak him out after he just left his only family to search for my wolf. I try to focus on the movie, but I'm panicking inside. Idk how to tell him, oh by the way, I'm a werewolf,  and so is everyone in this town. I glance over at Malachi and realize he is deep asleep next to me. I gently remove his arm from around me, and carefully settle him down on the bed. I sneak from the room, heading downstairs to clean up the party mess left behind. I just finish putting dishes away when I hear the front door open then quickly shut again.
"Mer, can I talk to you?" I glance over my shoulder, seeing Joseph standing in the doorway. Sighing,  I toss my towel on the counter and turn toward him,  crossing my arms over my chest.
"Fine, start talking." He looks down at his feet before slowly approaching me.
"Mer, I shouldn't have acted like such an ass earlier,  and I'm sorry. I just got jealous of that guy and my wolf took over for a second. Now that he's gone I just want things to go back to normal."
"He's not gone, he's sleeping upstairs." I respond, feeling my wolf begin to get irritated.
"What? Are you fucking serious right now, Meridian?" Joseph stomps toward me, grabbing my arms and pushing me against the kitchen counter. "Ive been asking you out for years and you refuse, and this random fucking human shows up and you invite him right into bed?" My wolf claws at the surface, but before I can respond, a menacing growl sounds from behind Joseph.  We look toward the door, and my eyes widen as Malachi glares at Jo, eyes pitch black, and canines fully extended.
"Get your hands off of her, now."
Joseph looks between the two of us, before raising his hands in surrender.
"Whatever, you can have her. You'll regret this, Mer." Malachi growls deeply at his threat, and once Jo leaves the room he quickly approaches me, searching for any injuries.
"Mine," he growls, brushing his nose across my hair, inhaling my scent. My wolf practically dances inside me, crying, "Our mate! We found him!" Suddenly, he stumbles back looking confused, eyes back to their bright green, before staring into my eyes.
"What's happening to me, Meridian?" I raise a brow at him as I ask, "You've never had your wolf react like that before?"
"I've always heard a voice inside, but my brother told me i was insane. Does this mean I'm a-," he pauses, before i finish for him. "A werewolf."
"That can't be possible, wouldn't I have had signs before today?"
"Maybe when you stopped listening your wolf stayed dormant, and now being around an entire pack has got your wolf excited again. Wait, you've never shifted or anything, so we'll have to talk about that too." I continue to ramble, when he interrupts me. "Wait, my wolf called you "mine", what does that mean?"
I smile broadly at the reminder,  and let my wolf come forward.
"When you said "mine" I realized you are my mate. We must not have noticed before because we couldn't sense you deep inside Malachi." With that, I back away, making space,  before shifting into my large white wolf, Malachi steps back, staring with awe.