Chapter 23

Malachi POV
I stretch out, reaching my hand towards Meridian, but find the bed cold. Her robe is gone, so she must have went downstairs to start on breakfast. The smell of bacon lures me down, so I slip on a pair of sweat pants and make my way downstairs. Samara is at the stove, while Isaah leans against the counter nursing a cup of coffee.
"Good morning, guys." I grumble, reaching for the coffee and pouring myself a cup.
"Good morning," Samara says, voice a little too chipper for this early in the morning. "Where's Mer?"
"She wasn't in bed, or in the bathroom, so I figured she was down here cooking breakfast." Isaah and Samara share a look of confusion, then look toward me.
"We haven't seen her. We figured y'all were still in bed after the late night we all had." At that, I run upstairs, searching  from room to room.
"Meridian? Are you here, baby?" No response.
Running back downstairs, Isaah meets me in the hallway.
"She's not down here either, Malachi. This isn't like her, she wouldn't just go out without letting somebody know." I nod, and tell the two of them to dress quickly.
"We're going out to see if anyone has seen anything. Let's dress and split up, talk to anyone familiar with Meri's normal routine."
An hour later we have talked to nearly everyone in town, and nobody saw anything strange.
Suddenly, a girl approaches, I think her name was Michelle.
"Alpha Malachi, I heard you were looking for Luna Meridian, and I think maybe I can help. I was out for an early run when I saw a man dragging a person off your porch with a cover over their head. It may have very well been the Luna."
Titan growls deeply, and my rage takes over. "Someone may have taken your Luna and you just now find it important enough to share this information? Are you stupid?" I roar, yanking her shirt so that we are face to face.
"I'm sorry, Alpha, I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me until I heard she was missing. Please, let me help find her."
Roughly releasing her, I turn toward Isaah.
"Gather the best of our warriors and tell them to meet us in the center of town. The rest of our men will stay to protect the pack." Nodding, he takes off, Samara close at his heels.
An hour later, we are combing the woods in wolf form, searching for her scent, until I finally catch her delicious honey scent, and Titan tears through the brush towards it. We reach a small lean-to and I have the men surround it as I approach the door. With a nod from Isaah, I slam through the door, searching for my wife. I howl sadly, dropping to the floor when I take in the sight before me. I find the room empty, but Meridian's robe lies on the floor, which is coated in her blood, and silver cuffs hang from the wall. I dont know who has taken my love, but they will die a gruesome death.