Chapter 7

Malachi POV
I feel my wolf fighting for control as I hold Meridian in my arms, her sweet scent so intoxicating. By the end of the movie, I give up, allowing him to step forward as we eye our mate closely. Through his eyes everything appears brighter. Her beautiful midnight colored hair hangs down past her shoulders, her tanned skin smooth and flawless, save for a few freckles scattered across her face. Her beautiful crystal blue eyes are focused intently on the movie, finally turning towards me as she stretches and the credits begin. Her eyes flicker to gold when she sees mine, and I cant resist crushing my lips to hers. Her fingers slide into my long hair, settling at the base of my neck, as I cup her face, pulling her closer. I brush my tongue over her lower lip, and she quickly opens her mouth, letting our tongues dance against each other. I slide my hands down from her neck, to her hips, and gently squeeze. When she lets out a deep moan, I finally come to my senses, separating us for a moment to breathe.
"Wow," she whispers, grinning, eyes still golden, "I dont know if I’ll ever get used to that. I've heard mate bonds are strong, but that was intense." I smile, kissing her one last time before shifting away and grunting at my tight pants.
"Oops, sorry, do you need me to help out with that? I don't want you to be uncomfortable." I feel my eyes widen, thankful I'm back in control again, though my wolf is fighting me.
"No, it's okay, that was perfect. I'm pretty tired, actually." She gives me that beautiful smile, and I'm confused when she leaves the room, but she quickly returns with clothes. "These are some pajama pants my brother outgrew, so you dont have to sleep in jeans. Tomorrow we can go pick up some more clothes for you." I take them, nodding, deciding that I'll wait until tomorrow to mention that I have no money for clothes. After changing in the bathroom, I notice that Meridian is dressed in a black tank top and very small purple shorts. My mouth nearly waters, but I shake away the thought, asking for a blanket to sleep on the floor.
"I don't think so!" She responds quickly. "Come on, we can share the bed." I hesitantly climb in, sighing as I relax on the comfortable mattress. Meridian curls up against me, with her head on my chest. I tense for a moment, until my wolf rumbles happily, and I tug her tightly to me. Kissing her head, I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.