Chapter 16

Meridian POV
The next day I'm confined to bed so that I can fully recover from my injuries. Once I'm finally feeling like myself again, I shower and head downstairs. Malachi is attempting to cook breakfast when Samara pushes him from the kitchen.
"Out of here before you set the house ablaze! I'll just do it and you can tell her you cooked it!" I clear my throat, grinning as Malachi turns toward me, looking guilty. "Hey baby, you're supposed to be in bed. I was gonna bring you breakfast, but I cant cook apparently." He pulls me gently toward him, kissing my lips before trying to push me toward the stairs.
"Babe, I'm fine. I am starving though. Where's Isaah?" As if on cue, he thumps down the stairs, unaware of our presence.
"Samara, baby, I've got the worst cramp from last night, you think you could rub that out for me?" He enters the kitchen, freezing when he sees Malachi and I smirking, and Samara's red face. "Oh hey guys, I didn't expect everyone to be in here this morning. Thats just wonderful." Malachi and I start cracking up, and we all sit to eat.
"How you feeling sis?"
"Back to normal honestly. I'm behind on so much work, its about time I got out of bed."
"Mer, it's been one day, and besides, Malachi has already done all the paperwork, met with the security force, and planned a funeral for the cell guards." My eyes widen as I look toward my mate, who smiles gently at me.
"I'm going to be Alpha, it's my duty. That, and Isaah said you would owe me if I did your work for you," he teases, wiggling his brows at me.  Laughing I pull him into a kiss.
"That's our cue to leave," Samara says laughing.
"No, you guys stay. We'll head upstairs," I smirk at Malachi's darkening eyes, racing upstairs,  knowing he is close behind me.