Chapter 27

He shifts mid-air, and crashes roughly into me. He's quick and manages to leap onto my back, clamping onto the scruff of my neck. Rolling, I crush him under my weight, using my Alpha size to my advantage. We continue to wrestle, fighting for dominance, when finally I gain the advantage and pin him to the ground.

"I won't let you destroy another pack, even if I have to kill you."

For the first time in my life I see fear flash in his eyes, as he fights to remove me. Using both paws, I pin his body to the ground, clamping my large jaws around his much smaller neck, squeezing with all my might. I feel his bones crushing from the pressure of my bite and finally, I yank back, tearing his head from his body.

I immediately head back through the door, searching for Meridian. Not spotting her, or Isaah, I shift to my human form and head out the back doors. I fall to my knees with relief when I see Isaah clutching Meridian against him, covered in a discarded sheet. Matthew and Michelle have the wrists tied, but sit quietly on the ground, her head resting on his shoulder. Suddenly, Meridian's head shoots up, and I think she has spotted me, but her eyes show nothing but pure hatred. She tosses the sheet, then shifts weakly into a wolf, noticeably wincing in pain from her wounds.

Before I can blink, she sprints forward, diving right past my head, growling ferociously. My head whips to the side to find what she's after, when I see that kid from the first day we met. His eyes widen as she slams into him, ripping and tearing at every available piece of skin, not even allowing him a chance to shift.

"Meri, love," I try stopping her, but Ivory has completely taken over, snarling at me before continuing her assault.
"Meri, you can stop now, he's dead."

Still nothing, as her wolf continues to dismember him, one piece at a time.

"MERIDIAN,  ENOUGH!" I shout, letting Titan's Alpha authority shine through, and finally, she stops and turns to me, golden eyes wild and her snow white coat saturated in blood.

"You're safe now, baby. They're all gone, and they won't be able to hurt you again."
Finally, she shifts back to normal, falling to the ground unconscious.