Chapter 15

Malachi POV
Meridian blacks out from the pain and I run even faster toward the clearing. I am met by Jeremiah who's eyes widen at the sight of Meridian unconscious, but he quickly helps me to slip some sweat pants on so I dont have to put her down. Covering her body, we make our way toward the pack doctor, members of the pack gasping as we pass by.
"You were told to return to your homes! Go now!" I yell, and they immediately obey.
"Is that my sister? What the hell happened?" Isaah tries to grab her from me, and Titan releases a deep growl.
"Im sorry, I won't take her from you man, lets go," he pats my arm and clears a path for us. Once inside Doctor McGregor directs us to a sterile room in the back. I gently lay her on her stomach, covering as much as I can while he examines her. "We need to do a transfusion so that she can heal quicker. Her wolf is trying help heal her but there's a huge chunk of skin and muscle gone in her shoulder. The damage to her hips wasn't quite as deep, but the pressure to her hip bones did cause mild hairline fractures. It's best if the blood comes from her mate, since your bond helps aid the healing as well." I nod, allowing them to place the IV in my arm, and wait for her to wake up. A few hours later, I'm resting in the chair next to her bed, holding her hand, when I feel slight movement.
"Ugh, I feel like hammered shit. How long have I been out?" I stand kissing all over her face, before telling her, "A few hours." Isaah walks in at that moment, yelling, "She's awake!" Meridian chuckles as he hugs her waist like a small child and cries, Samara is close behind, rubbing his back. "Don't ever do that again, sis, you scared the shit out of me." She smiles and nods, instructing them to go get some rest. Once they're gone, she turns to me with tears in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry, Malachi. I know it was torture to watch that, but I needed the moment to be perfect or he might have escaped."
"Its okay, baby, I understand. He's gone now, so everything is okay." After some begging, Dr McGregor allows me to take Meri home to rest, and I curl close to her,  holding her extra tight as we fall asleep.