Chapter 20

Malachi POV
Isaah is explaining a little more on the process of the ceremony when I turn and locks eyes with Meridian. I cant help my wide smile as she approaches, looking absolutely stunning. I dont know where the dress came from, but it hugs her body perfectly, accentuating her beautiful curves. The crowd grows quiet as they all catch sight of her, and she makes her way toward us. Finally, she stands in front of me, smiling broadly at me.
"Are you ready?"
"Absolutely. You look beautiful, love."
She smiles again before turning toward the pack.
"We are gathered today under the full moon to appoint Malachi Black as Alpha of the Maverick Pack." She turns, accepting a small knife from Isaah, then addresses me.
"Do you, Malachi Black, accept the title and responsibility of Alpha, and promise to always put the needs and safety of the pack above your own?"
"Yes, I accept." She slides the blade across my palm, drawing blood, and I place it over my heart.
Isaah steps forward now, and addresses Meridian.
"Do you, Meridian Steele, accept the title of Luna, promise to always put the pack above yourself, and always trust in your Alpha?"
"Yes, I do." He takes the same blade, cutting her hand as well, and we press our palms together.
"And do you each promise to remain loyal to each other, and always work toward improving the future of the pack, as long as you live?
"I do," we both say, sharing a smile.
"Then I pronounce you Mr and Mrs Black, Alpha and Luna of the Maverick Pack. You may kiss your bride." I tug Meridian towards me, crashing our lips together. This is our first kiss as husband and wife, and I want her to remember it forever.
"Alright, break it up you too, there's children watching," Isaah teases, earning a slap on the arm from Samara. I press a final gentle kiss to her lips before we seperate and turn towards the pack, who cheer wildly in front of us.
We have a dinner to celebrate, as we accept the well wishes of our friends. I am even approached by Dominic and Jessica, Jacob's parents, who hug me tightly before excusing themselves to go home. It's early the next morning when Meridian and I finally leave the celebration and head home. Sweeping her into my arms, I carry her up to our bedroom, lying her down gently.
"You look beautiful wife," I tell her as I kiss down her neck.
"Thank you, husband. I like the sound of that, husband," she says smiling, before crushing her lips to mine.