Chapter 19

Meridian POV
The town is bustling with activity as everyone prepares for the ceremony, and I cant wipe the smile from my face. Malachi and I had parted ways last night, and I stayed with Samara. We were joined by some of the married women in the village that were excited to help me prepare, and we have had a great time drinking wine as they do my hair and makeup.
"Alright, final touch," Samara says, placing a crown of flowers on my head before stepping out of the way. I can't help but gasp in surprise at my reflection. My hair is curled and pinned half up, with the delicate lavender flowers standing out against my black hair. My makeup is also simple but beautiful, and im wearing a plain white dress that I was fortunate enough to own. Suddenly a knock sounds at the door, and to my surprise Jacob's mother opens it quietly.
"I'm sorry to interrupt on such a special day, but I wanted to say thank you. We can't ever get our sweet boy back, but I know you will do whatever you can to bring peace to our pack again. I know that Alpha Malachi loved him as well, for the small time he knew him," she paused to smile and wipe a stray tear, "Jacob thought that he hung the moon. I brought something for you, hopefully it expresses my appreciation." She steps in, pulling a dress into view, and its the most beautiful gown I've ever seen. It is a cream colored, crochet lace dress that has a slip underneath to the knee and is see-through from the knee down. It has a neckline that dips low, and small sleeves, with see-through lace panels at the ribs on each side. It's beautiful and I feel tears filling my eyes.
"I didn't think you'd have a dress on such short notice, and I thought it'd look beautiful on you. If you don't like it I can always return it." I quickly throw my arms around her, and kiss her cheek.
"It's beautiful, thank you so much, Jessica." She gives a final smile before exiting the room, and I slip into the dress. It fits perfectly, as if made for me.
"You look perfect," Samara says, grabbing my hand, "now let's get you to your future husband!" We all head towards the center of the town, where simple decorations of lavender flowers and lace hang from an arch. We chose to line a few chairs for the older members of the pack, and everyone else will stand behind them. Lanterns line our path, all the way to the arch, providing the only light besides the full moon glowing above. As we approach, the girls take their places in the crowd, Samara joining Isaac near the arch. Immediately my eyes land on Malachi, looking extremely handsome in dark jeans with a black button up shirt, and his hair braided neatly down the top and sides of his head. He speaks lowly to Isaah before finally spotting me, face brightening with a huge smile.

Her hair looks like this, but black and the crown wraps around her head

Her hair looks like this, but black and the crown wraps around her head. Gown reference below!

 Gown reference below!

Malachi's hair is braided like this