Chapter 12

Ive improved tremendously with my fighting, and have doubled in size since arriving here. Meridian believes my father may have been an Alpha, explaining the larger size of my wolf and the speed at which I've adapted to my wolf. Meridian has decided to host a large party to celebrate me joining the pack, as well as the twins who didn't get a proper party last time.
I'm setting up decorations outside when Meridian approaches, looking irritated.
Stopping my work, I wrap my arms around her waist, kissing her deeply. "What's wrong baby?"
"I'm headed to the cells to talk to Joseph," she pauses as I release a low growl at his name. "I'll be fine, just keep setting up and ill be back in no time." She kisses me gently before heading toward the cells, flanked by several wolves in her security group. Isaah approaches, slapping me on the back.
"Don't worry about her man, she's kicked a man's ass more times than I can count. She's strong and-," he stops speaking suddenly, eyes turning a deep amber as he glances around. A teenage girl approaches us, "Hey guys, I'm kind of new here and wanted to see if I could help set up for the big party? My name's Samara." At that moment, she locks eyes with Isaah, and they both say, "Mate." Smirking, I nudge him towards the girl, leaving them to talk as I continue setting up. After an hour or so, Meridian emerges, looking distraught, and smiles weakly before heading to our cabin. I don't want to crowd her and finish preparations before heading home to clean up.
Walking into our house I call for Meri, unable to hear her. I enter our room hearing the shower running, and step inside, searching for her. I can hear sobs coming from the shower, and I quickly undress, climbing in to hold her. Meridian curls against my chest, tears streaming for several minutes until she is able to calm down.
"What happened, love?"
"I sentenced my best friend to death, Malachi. I'm such a monster." My heart aches for my mate, and I can feel her sorrow passing through our link.
"I tried to reason with him, and told him that if he admitted he was in the wrong and quit acting like an ass towards us then he could go free. He refused, saying he would do it all again if he could. He said that you would never make me happy, and I would regret not choosing him when I had the chance. Then, he proceeded to tell me that if he gets free, he'll make sure that you are removed from the picture permanently so we can finally be together." My wolf growls wildly inside me at the thought of our mate being in pain, or with another man, and I pull her closer.
"I will never leave you, Meri. He made his choice, and now he has to deal with the consequences." We dry off and get dressed for the party. Meridian slips on black ripped skinny jeans, a red crop top, and matching red converse, and I practically salivate at the sight of her.
"You look so hot," I growl, pulling her in for a deep kiss.
"Down boy, we have a party to get to!" She teases, kissing me before pulling me out the door.