Chapter 13

Meridian POV
Malachi looks so sexy in his black jeans, white v-neck shirt, and converse. His hair is pulled back out of his face, in a messy bun, and his beard trimmed neatly. He's just the distraction I need to forget about Joseph for a night, and I cant wait to have a night of fun. As we are walking down the stairs I hear a woman giggling in Isaah's room,  making me pause, startled. Malachi chuckles, nudging me to continue walking. "Isaah met his mate while we were setting up for the party. I'm sure we'll see them there." Smiling at the news I nod, gripping 'Chi's hand as make our way to the party. The entire pack is gathered, talking and dancing, but they freeze when we approach, eyeing our joined hands.
"Hello, everyone. It's been so long since we had something to celebrate, that I figured we could use a night of fun. I want to welcome Matthew and Michelle, who arrived last week and wish to join our family." There is a cheer as everyone smiles, hugs, and shakes hands with the twins, who smile nervously back. "I also welcome and introduce to you my mate, Malachi," there is a collective gasp at the news that I have finally found my mate. "Not only is he my mate, but the future Alpha of this pack," I add, grinning as Malachi’s eyes bulge and he looks around nervously, but he is met with nothing but cheers and support. "At the next full moon, Alpha Malachi of the Maverick Pack shall be named, and I will claim the title of Luna. It's time to secure a future for our pack!" Cheers resound around us, and Malachi smiles at me, before standing tall, and beginning to make rounds through the party. Everyone wants to speak to the future Alpha, so Malachi is kept busy for a while. I'm working on my second margarita when Isaah approaches,  holding hands with a petite blonde girl with stunning green eyes. "Nice speech sis, really inspired the masses," he teases, and I smack the back of his head.
"Introduce me to your mate, you little shit," I laugh, smiling toward the girl who looks extremely nervous.
"Hi, I'm Samara. It's so great to meet the future Luna. Isaah told me a lot about you," she says as I raise a brow at Isaah. "By a lot she means I told her how good your cooking is," he says, making Samara and I crack up.
"I wish I could say he's kidding, but its true," she giggles. I think I'm going to like this girl.
"Well, you two have fun, I'm going to find my sexy Alpha," I joke, wiggling my brows at them. Samara cackles while Isaah pretends to gag, earning him another smack on the head. "See you guys, behave!"
I finally find Malachi crouched down, deep in conversation with a boy of about five years old. He notices me watching and gives that grin that melts my heart every time. Standing, he waves me over. "Meridian, love, this is my little friend,  Jacob. He wishes to be an Alpha one day, so I was just giving him some tips." I smile and say hi, but he blushes, hiding in Malachi’s side.
"He may have a bit of a crush," Malachi whispers, teasingly. "Alright buddy, I'm going to spend time with my mate, okay? Remember how important I told you mates are?" Jacob nods enthusiastically as we say goodbye.
"You like kids, don't you?" I ask, smiling.
"Yes, I can’t wait to have some of my own. I mean, no rush, I'm just saying-," he rambles and I cut him off with a kiss. "Me too, babe." He smiles widely,  as we each grab another drink.