Chapter 26

Trigger warning!! Sexual assault reference ahead!

Scott enters the room quietly, staying silent for the first time since I'd been captured.
I eye him suspiciously as he slowly approaches, staring into my eyes.
"I'm sure you have heard that Malachi is on his way here with Michelle's help. He actually thinks he stands a chance of rescuing you. It's adorable, really, even if it's a suicide mission." He strokes a finger down my cheek, and leans in close to speak in my ear.

"You've always been off limits because you were our leader, and I was "friends" with your idiot brother, but now I have you all to myself."
I can't suppress the shiver of fear as he runs his fingers through my tangled hair.

"The others are preparing to attack your village as soon as Malachi is dead, and in the meantime, I was given free reign to do whatever I want with you," he practically growls, running his hands down my body.

"Keep your fucking hands off me, you pig! I swear, I'll kill you!"

He laughs darkly, before slapping me hard across the face, drawing blood from my lip.

"I like my women with a little fight in them," he teases as he unbuttons his jeans.
I refuse to cry as he assaults me, and focus on a corner of the room, zoning out to distract my mind from what's happening. Once he's done, he zips his pants and pats me on the head like a dog, before leaving the room. I feel like I should be distraught, but all I can think of is ripping his throat out.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------
Malachi POV

We're making good time, rushing through the trees with Michelle leading our group. I promised her that we would keep her brother alive if she could convince him to surrender, and she quickly agreed.

After half an hour, I spot a old barn in the distance, and the group comes to a halt.

"First priority is rescuing Meridian. Take out as many of these bastards as you can in the process. Everyone be careful and keep in touch. Isaah, you're with me, the rest of you approach the building from the front to draw their attention."

Isaah and I slip silently through the brush, quickly reaching the back entrance. Isaah carefully pulls open the door, and a wolf instantly flies through the doorway, slamming into my body. I've fought other wolves before, but something about knowing my wife is here, and that she is waiting for me, gives me a surge of power I've never felt before.
I flip, pinning the rogue to the ground, and place a paw on the upper and lower jaws, snapping the mouth open to a grotesque angle, then tearing out the throat for good measure.
I turn to find Isaah's wolf cowering in respect, and I bump my snout to his, before motioning with my head for him to follow.

Pure, blinding hatred is all I feel as I see my wife hanging from the far wall. If I didn't know that perfect scent anywhere I almost wouldn't recognize her. Her entire face and body are bruised and battered, with dry blood caking the entire expanse of her abdomen.  What really makes my blood boil is the sight of blood coating her inner thighs. I can't control Titan any longer, and I don't want to.

"Isaah, please help my wife. I'm going to end this, once and for all," I growl, and he immediately nods, shifting to human form and grabbing gloves to remove the silver chains.

Tearing my eyes away from Meridian,  I head toward an adjoining door, leading to another room.

"Ah, look who finally showed up."
I stop dead in my tracks, breath catching in shock as I come face to face with none other than my bastard brother.

"Oh, don't look so shocked, baby brother. Do you see now why I never taught you to hunt, and told you to ignore your wolf? I was trying to keep you safe from all of this! I knew we had Alpha blood, and you were never cut out for leadership. Neither was dear old dad, which is why I killed him and mom that night we ran away."

"What are you talking about? You said they were killed by a rogue pack!"

"Exactly, my rogue pack, you idiot. Dad was too weak to lead our people! Members of the pack were being killed and instead of finding them, he bargained with the kidnappers, promising not to fight back as long as they only took those without pure bloodlines. You see, mom had me before they met, brother. I wasn't considered "Alpha material" and was taken. They taught me to hate father just as much as they did, and here we are. I'll never be lead by a coward again!" He shouts, and quickly lunges for my throat.