Chapter 22

The next time I wake, it's from the shock of ice cold water splashing into my face. I shiver, realizing that I'm still only wearing my robe, and try to control the chattering of my teeth. I refuse to appear weak in front of my captor. Scott smirks, setting down the bucket and making his way towards me.
"Good morning, highness. Can I get you some breakfast? Oh, I bet you'd kill for some bacon and eggs right now, huh?"
Rolling my eyes, I huff in annoyance.
"You're so funny, Scott, I'm so glad that you kidnapped me and not some sociopath with a little dick complex," I  reply, flatly, before smiling sarcastically up at him.
His face flares in anger, and he goes to strike me, when the door slams open.
"Scotty, that's enough," a female voice says, but I cant see who it is yet from my chair.
"Aw, Scotty, now that's adorable," I remark, smirking.
"That's enough from you too, Luna," she says in a mocking tone as she steps in my line of sight. You have got to be shitting me.
Standing before me are Michelle and Matthew, the damn twins that I had welcomed into the pack with open arms. Matthew just stands silently, glowering at me, as Michelle speaks.
"Oh, look at that face. Shocked, huh? Why would we ever want to kidnap the great Meridian Steele?" She runs a finger down my cheek and I snarl, Ivory trying to help me escape, but she whimpers, unable come forward and help me shift.
"Don't waste your energy attempting to escape. The ropes you're restrained with are lined with silver to keep you detained and your wolf at bay." I glare at Michelle, then glance towards Matthew.
"What, no clever insults?" I ask, as he continues to glare at me.
Michelle speaks for him, "My brother finds weakness repulsive. It was hard enough being around your pathetic pack, especially when we discovered there wasn't an Alpha."
"There is now, and he will find me. I don't think he'll be very happy with how you've treated me."
"Oh Meri," Scott says in a condescending tone, "We haven't even begun to play with you."
They don gloves,, and silver clamps are placed on my wrists and ankles, and I grit my teeth against the pain as they hang my body from a nearby wall. Finally a silver collar is placed around my neck, and I wince as it begins to burn the flesh, searing my nerve endings, but I refuse to let myself cry in their presence.
"Let's leave her hanging for a bit and see if her attitude changes. The silver weakens you, so you won't be able to contact your precious boy toy. See you later, Luna," Michelle taunts as they exit, finally leaving me alone.
Once the door shuts, I allow myself to relax, letting the tears flow freely.