Chapter 23

Y/N's POV:

I entered the hospital, with Hobi by my side, and he told the lady at the counter what we were here for. The other boys lined beside us, and a couple of them looked lost in thought and frightened. I wondered why. Kind of. The girl at the desk told me us we would have to wait. What? Um no. "Like hell will I wait!" I shout at the girl, letting my anger take over. I felt Hoseok grab my hand, trying to calm me down. "Have you ever lost everyone and everything you love!? I can't lose her to.." I say, my voice breaking at the end. The boys looked at me, shocked, and I saw Tae give the girl a look, telling her to let us go. I scratched my eyes to stop the tears from coming through. I had promised myself not to let my parents influence my actions and emotions, and I intend to keep that promise.

The girl finally let us through, telling us the room number. 314. I'm pretty sure that was on the third floor, and I was the first one to walk to the elevator, with the boys following me behind, whispering about something beyond my knowledge, and something I didn't plan to find out. Most of the boys looked at me with pity, and then I had a good guess of what they were talking about. Ugh. I didn't say anything, and went to the book corner of the elevator. The only one who didn't look at me with pity was Yoongi. He looked upset, but he didn't look sad for me, which I was grateful for. Instead, to my suprise, he winked at me. Not in a weird way, but in a way that suddenly made me glad of his existence. He slid beside me, and didn't ask if I was ok, like I would of expected from the other boys. He didn't tell me it was going to be alright-we both knew that wasn't true. Instead, he laughed quietly and pointed at Jimin and Namjoon, who were standing silently beside each other across from us. Neither of them were looking at us, so when Yoongi and I started giggling at their height difference, neither of them noticed what we were laughing at.

Yoongi's POV:

When we got in the elevator, I noticed all of the boys looking at Y/N with sadness clear in their eyes. Pabos. They looked at her with empathy, as if they knew what she was going through. Um..no. They didn't, and neither did I, and clear by Y/N's face, she didn't want or enjoy sympathy, either. She didn't need pity, she just needed a friend, a laugh. So, when she looked over my face to see if I was going to sympathize with her, I winked and smiled instead. It wasn't a flirtatious wink, more of a friendly one. Just one to let her know that I, in fact, wasn't going to pity her, but more like praise her for her accomplishments and strengths. Proven by her little outburst towards the girl at the counter a couple minutes ago, Y/N had obviously been through a lot. So I walked over to her, determined to make her laugh. I didn't know how, so I just pointed at the first thing I saw. Jimin and Namjoon. I never truly noticed this, but honestly their height difference was hilarious and adorable, and Y/N thought so to. We both started laughing, and even though it wasn't all that funny, it was nice to finally laugh instead of crying today. And, with the shortest member next to the tallest, I was sure their was atleast a foot difference.

Also, to see Y/N laugh, was honestly adorable. I would never tell her that, or the other members, because the boys would tease me forever, but I couldn't say that I hadn't grown attached to her, either. That would be a lie. 

I'm crying this is so cringey