⌜ twenty one ⌟

having his finger swiping up and scrolling down to his phone, mark flinched when a tray was slammed right across him. with a look on his face, he raised a brow at the frustrated med student in front of him who's having that frown of his ever since the two of them met this morning.

damn, who watered your fishes—

shut it, simba.❞ jaehyun uttered out, giving the younger male a short glance before also slamming his phone down the table and started eating the meal he ordered at the cafeteria.

it was already lunch break for them and as usual, the first one that gets to be dismissed early has to quickly rush to the cafeteria and reserve a table to stay in. it just so happens that jaehyun had to stay back in his class for a couple of minutes, mark actually thought he'd take the whole lunch break as he didn't even send him a message.

yet here he is, greeting him by slamming his tray and phone down the table. there's even a crack on the phone but the freshman doubts that it's caused by the countless of times that he had slammed it anywhere, is it?

mark planned to stay silent as he didn't want to piss the med student off but seems like he's the one initiating the conversation, not just in a friendly way. ❝seriously, am i not an ideal guy?

what are you talking about?❞ noticing eyes on them, probably because of how the older had his voice raised a little to loud, mark took an apologetic bow before giving his attention back on to the angered male.

it's always that actor!❞ taking his metallic chopsticks from his tray, jaehyun didn't even show mercy as he stabbed the peace of meat with it. ❝like, i'm also here. i'm also a sweet guy, the boyfriend in your dreams—

as someone who actually has no idea that his ex is not around,❞ stealing the poor meat that he's stabbing countless of times, mark shoved it inside his mouth. ❝i don't think you are.

jaehyun's brows furrowed at the information. ❝ten is absent?

aren't you two in the same department? it's a surprise you don't know.❞ but honestly, the freshman had already given up in pushing this friend of his to his ex. it looked like he isn't interested anymore anyways. ❝but yeah, he is.

would it be bad if he didn't actually care? jaehyun just hoped he's fine, the male is possibly just sick that's why he's not around, but that didn't matter with him. it's not his business anyways, he had already called it off with the thai student, he even received a hard slap from him.

even though he didn't really ask for details, mark is always there to give him some. ❝i overheard that he just disappeared during saturday night.