⌜ forty five ⌟

this has been bothering him for the whole morning now. mark took his eyes away from the book he is reading and darted his gaze at the male sitting across him with a wide smile that reached to north pole. ❝i'm not against you being happy, but sometimes, it just creeps me out, dude.

both jaehyun and mark were currently at the library as the older had promised the freshman to be his study buddy despite of their year gap. it was quite an advantage for the freshman, as he knew he would be able to learn more from the older, but his plan backfired completely when he saw how the male in front of him was zoning out even way before they met up at the public library down the city. 

one moment, you're the most depressed person i have encountered with, and the next minute, you're already smiling like an idiot.❞ furrowing his brows and having his eyes squinted, mark was starting to suspect something from the other. ❝did you blow up my world in minecraft?❞ 

that took jaehyun off guard, snapping out from his thoughts about a certain someone, laughing at the younger's presumption. ❝what? no, simba.

we are supposed to be studying,❞ not like this is mark's favorite thing to do, but he did pledged to himself that he would be studying for their finals. ❝what are you thinking about?

simba,❞ that nickname will forever be what jaehyun would call him. at first the freshman got irritated with it as he had a name, but he put the older as a consideration because why not? ❝what were you doing at the firework display last night?

the freshman then raised a brow, ❝the show? well, i was at sunshine's place.

that definitely wasn't what jaehyun expected to hear, making him drop his jaw in surprise. ❝wait, you finally decided to man up?

with his cheeks flushed, mark couldn't believe that he'd be finally saying this. ❝yeah..

covering his mouth, jaehyun leaned closer as not to embarrass the younger with what he was about to ask him. ❝so, how loud was he singing last night?

it took mark some few seconds before his mood changed and threatened the older in hitting him with his clenched fists. ❝hey, that's not it, okay?

oh, that's a bummer.❞ and for some reason, jaehyun was disappointed. then again, it's mark lee he is talking about, what more did he expect?

we didn't even expect for a firework display last night,❞ mark started to relay his story. ❝sunshine and i were having movie marathon, then when he heard a loud sound outside, we decided to ditch our movie date and watch it from their balcony.