⌜ thirty ⌟

well, they did go home late and they mayhaps were almost caught barging inside the campus late at night. fortunately, jaehyun knew every way inside the university which made taeyong question if he does skip classes a lot to know these. the both of them managed to lose sight of the security guard who was roaming around and they escaped out of the institution with loud laughs. they didn't plan to stay too long but they were carried away by playing and also staying for a while just to have a heart to heart talk.

however, taeyong still hasn't told the younger anything yet about his condition.

and upon arriving home, he had his widened at the pain piercing right through his heart. he was walking behind the taller male so he wasn't seen clutching his chest and having his face all scrunched. taeyong was having cold sweat rolling down from his forehead but all he could do right at that moment was to compose himself down with deep breaths until he gets to go back inside his room and take his pills even though it's already late for it.

hey, did you have fun?❞ jaehyun said, turning around with his dimpled smile.

taeyong quickly brought his hand down from clutching on to his chest and gave him a small smile with a nod. ❝i got to make a point for the first time!

after unlocking the front door, jaehyun tucked the keys inside his pockets and walked close to the smaller male. he then wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him close that caused for the older to let out a yelp. ❝and i got to hear you respond to my confession for the first time.

taeyong stayed standing there safely in the male's arms as he had his eyes staring straight at the younger who's having his eyes closed. they were still outside being surrounded by silence, a comfortable one. a smile made its way to the older's lips, lifting his hand up and settling it on the taller's cheek. he then started to caress it softly and he quietly cooed when he saw him leaning to his touch.

fluttering his eyes open, jaehyun placed a hand over the smaller's one and placed soft kisses on his palm before chuckling. ❝why am i so lucky?

blinking in a clueless manner, the shorter male tilted his head to the side. ❝how are you lucky?

by just having you here with me, in my arms.❞ he replied in the most honest way, the tone of his voice hinting the adoration as he was looking at the older's eyes that held the whole universe. ❝i can't believe you feel the same way, towards someone like me.

noticing the worry in the shorter male's eyes, jaehyun looked away with a sad smile on his face. he didn't want to admit it but there was something different about himself over time. being with taeyong, it made him be cautious of his words and his surroundings. he always made sure that what he's going to speak isn't going to hurt the older. then, there's him pretending that he was confident in everything, just to impress the other. but truly, he would always have his self-esteem crumpling the moment he would see taeyong smile. he starts to overthink that what if if he's not enough, what if he's not worth his time, what if— what if in the end, he's not the right one?